Restaurants/Takeaway - Sharing favourites

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 19 November 2004 1.57pm
Idly thought I'd share some favourites here,
and see what other folk rate. See what I've
been missing out on.

Myself and the lady found Pizzeria Castello (next to the Ministry of Salsa) to be the tastyest restaurant in and around Elephant and Castle (notably not the best part of SE1, but hey) .. with good characters, superb pizza and heavenly desserts. Fair priced, but not the quickest service.

For those TV/DVD nights in with mates, Simply Indian and Planet Pizza have to be the favourite fast food delivery choices ...

How about yourselves?
Friday 19 November 2004 2.12pm
Cucina Pizza for deliveries. Fantastic wood-fired pizzas, imaginative toppings, really pleasant service, and not that expensive compared to the chain-store stodge which is offered up most times.

Making me wanna go order now...
Friday 19 November 2004 2.15pm
in and around the Elephant, the only place I've really tried, (and been back to because I liked it so much) was Lye Torng. Excellent very authentic thai food, a decent bar, some comfy seats, and a pool table! IMO so far, it's unbeatable.
Friday 19 November 2004 2.55pm
Did you know Tas do takeaway? Closest to takeaway home cooking you got in SE1 IMHO - especially the choban kavurma (cassroled lamb)
Friday 19 November 2004 4.41pm
i really dont like tas food - but maybe the meat - y stuff is better? compared to gallipoli or gem in islington the food isnt that nice.
Saturday 20 November 2004 11.12am
I love Cuccina and use it a lot, but I have noticed their delivery times going up recently, to an unacceptable length. Yesterday I rang and they said it would be an hour and ten minutes. Admittedly it was a Friday night, but that's too long for me, anything over about three quarters of an hour isn't good enough, IMHO.

It's a shame, because their pizzas are great and their service has always been so efficient and polite.
Monday 22 November 2004 10.36am
I love sushi from Feng Sushi on Borough Market. Not only that all the sushi's fresh and lovely, but that it's all presented so beautifully, tied up with raffia.

Mind you, I've got an awful lot of raffia in my kitchen now...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: