Nike 10K go nocturnal Run London

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Wednesday 24 November 2004 4.34pm
I know this isn't strictly all in SE1 as it starts at Surrey Quays, and finishes in Southwark park...

but as I'm running it on Sunday I thought I'd post a topic (maybe it'll be moved to the chatter thread)

I should have posted earlier, because I really needed a running partner to ensure that i did enough training (i haven't done enough, but am still running on Sunday anyway).

So if anyone else out there is running this Sunday, how about meeting up for a bevy afterwards somewhere?
(or before hand, or even half way round!)

I'd also be interested in meeting like minded runners, so that I can keep up the running, and stay a bit fitter than I already am. I usually run round Burgess Park.
Wednesday 24 November 2004 6.51pm
Don't run anymore (the M.E. put the kaibosh on that!) but would be happy to come and watch/cheer along anyone who is taking part. What time does it start/finish (ie. how nocturnal is it?)
Wednesday 24 November 2004 7.47pm
All I can offer is clapping hands. A bevy before hand would be on me but what time?
th
Thursday 25 November 2004 9.59am
JonR I'm running too on Sunday, what wave are you in?
Thursday 25 November 2004 10.26am
I'm in wave 2 because when I registered I thought that I'd be able to do it in about 45-50 minutes. However with lack of training it'll probably take me more like an hour and a quarter!

bmovie- was thinking more beers afterwards, maybe somewhere like the Mayflower, or the Adam and Eve (though they will probably both be packed and we may need to find somewhere further away, and less packed, like the Marigold, or the Garrison, or the London Scottia bar)
Thursday 25 November 2004 3.29pm
not being a victor medrew and i do hope a great time is had by all BUT as a resident on the route i would love to know what road closures are happening and when. the nike website doesn't help and i can't get an answer from the organisers by email/phone. can anyone help?
Thursday 25 November 2004 3.41pm
the runners information that I got, telling me where to be and when, doesn't include info about which roads will be closed, and for how long etc.

I would imagine that TFL will know about it, as some of the route is along bus routes..... However, it does say that runners should stick to the route, because it is on main roads, so maybe they're having the running and the some roads stay open...?

Thursday 25 November 2004 3.45pm
This week's SE1 Direct email newsletter gave you details of the road closures on the SE1 section of the route...
http://www.se1direct.co.uk/issues/index.php?issue=212

Full details (inc SE16) at
http://www.pooloflondon.co.uk/events/showevent.php/00481.html

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 25 November 2004 4.16pm
What time we talking for start/finish then?
Thursday 25 November 2004 4.55pm
I think my start is 7:30 so should finish by 9 (hopefully!), and then a pub somewhere.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: