Recommended postal DVD rental service?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 25 November 2004 1.49pm
Hi,

I am interested in joining a DVD rental service with free postal delivery, and am wondering if anyone on the list has had positive or negative experiences of any services.

I realise that this may be a risky move what with the local postal service, but I am still tempted!

many thanks

Friday 26 November 2004 4.38am
We've tried Tesco DVD rental, and Lovefilm. Both seem to be quite good. I've had no issues with getting them through the post either.
Friday 26 November 2004 11.56am
Had very good experience with Screenselect.co.uk. Good range of titles and very speedy service. Only thing is, I receive them at and post them from work as I do not trust SE1's postal service for obvious reasons (see the 200+ posts in the thread about the SE1 postal service).
Friday 26 November 2004 1.30pm
Movietrak offers a pay-as-you-go DVD rental service, so if you're unsure about how honestly your delivery office and postmen/women will handle deliveries of rental DVDs, you could try getting one disc first before you commit to monthly fees from the get-go...

http://payg.movietrak.co.uk/
Friday 26 November 2004 4.54pm
I tried the Videoisland (MSN related) DVD rental for their trial period, and even somehow got it upgraded to a month for free ... I didn't join after the trial period due to moving flat stuffs, but I have been thinking of getting back to that now. I've been wondering about other company alternatives too, but thats just my irrational phobia of Microsoft related goods.
DHW
Monday 29 November 2004 1.18pm
Screenselect is great. I have been using it for the last month and am really enjoying the convenience and selection.

Great value for money, if you watch emough films.
Friday 3 December 2004 1.53pm
thanks, all, for the recommendations. I joined screenselect and so far (3 DVDs in) it seems very good in terms of selection and delivery speed.

DaveK, Videoisland has been bought out by screenselect, so perhaps it is no longer Microsoft (or, heavens, perhaps screenselect is Microsoft. Damn..)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: