violet in her 90's in lambeth area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 21 July 2002 2.08pm

Would any one know if a Violet still lives in the lambeth area she would be in her 90's now, as back in the 1930's she lived there and had a daughter named betty violet gower/knight, violet also used a alias of O'shea.
betty was born 15.10.1932 but died 14.3.1934 and is buried in Greenwich cementry.
Violet is my grandmother and i am desperate to find her.She may be in a different surname now. If any one knows any violet please email me at
familyhistoryresearch@btopenworld.com
Jan
Monday 22 July 2002 10.34am
Sherry , try phoning some of the nursing/residential homes direct in that area, may be some in s.e.17 that may be used by lambeth residents, look in yellow pages for homes in Southwark and Lambeth... i would . hope your successful or ask south london press to print an appeal for you...
Wednesday 24 July 2002 11.15pm
I would just mention this - I wanted to find an old neighbour a few years ago and thought I knew the home where he was staying but they wouldn't confirm or give out any information about him even when he died. Council policy they said.
Jan
Thursday 25 July 2002 7.24am
Teresa, was that the local home across the roundabout? also known as the killing fields according to someone who told me that 5 deaths had occurred in 8 days!

They probably thought you were the press!
Thursday 25 July 2002 12.52pm
First of all, thanks to those who have replied to me and gave advise, and Jan that does sound susspissious, are they looking into it. No wonder people are talking about it,one wonders what is going on there i suppose.

If any one can spare any spare time they have to help me locate my grandmother around lambeth please email me. i would be very greatfull.

kind regards
sherry.
Friday 26 July 2002 10.20am
Sherry - drop me an email with whatever info you have, I have some software that can search peoples details

burger_king@elvis.com
Friday 26 July 2002 12.14pm
What's the software, if you don't mind my asking? My mum's into a bit of geneology and it might help her too.
Friday 26 July 2002 1.12pm
It's not a general release thing you can't buy it in the shops or anything like that, only available for subscription at a premium I'm afraid
Sunday 28 July 2002 7.52am
Hi B.B.

can you point me direction of the one that you are using? I have seen so many advertised and am a bit of a loss on how to start them?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: