Londis on Tower Bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 26 November 2004 12.22pm
Sorry but i need to have a little rant about this

Hardly anything is priced up, i always get concerned when buying something from the freezer compartment, and on many occasions am sure that they make the prices up as they go along

Has anyone notice that there till register is obsured by the gewing gum rack, therefore it is unable to see what prices they are ringing up or see your total

sometimes they scan items sometimes they dont

''Part of a multipack not to be sold seperately'' hmmm is that just a recommendation from the makers?

the service is so crap, if there is a huge queue all they do is get someone to stand near the counter to ensure you dont steal anything

and lastly they gave me an old 5 note, which wouldnt get accepted in the anchor tap, nor at londis when i tried to pay for something, and typically it was a different member of staff to the one who had handed it out, so i didnt even bother telling them that they had given it to me

phew.... thank god thats off my chest
Friday 26 November 2004 12.33pm
Ah - but if it wasn't for Londis, how would I have possibly had such a successful underage drinking career?
Tuesday 30 November 2004 12.09pm

Funny you should mention that about Londis as I've had an exact same experience there on a couple of occasions.

The last time was yesterday - which was when I noticed that the till screen was obscured. They went through the motions of scanning my items but there was never any link to the till register so the prices were manually entered into the till.

Only when I got out of the shop did I have time to do the mental arithmetic of the items that had prices on and also make an estimate of those that didn't have prices on that I reckoned that I had been overcharged by approximately 10%.

My recommendation is either AVOID or if you want a challenge , select a number of items with prices on them, add them all up before you get to the till, perhaps even take the prices off so that they think they're not individually priced and keep them on a piece of paper and then confront them when they try to overcharge you.

Tuesday 30 November 2004 12.20pm
If this is a continuing problem - & it seems to be - why not give Trading Standards a ring? I've had them to mystery-shop in the past & it didn't even shake the trader up...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: