Laminate flooring

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 29 November 2004 7.51pm
As part of my ongoing search for builders and such like to restore my flat to its former (pre-fire) glory, does anyone have any recommendations for someone to lay engineered laminate flooring and soundproof underlay (preferably before Christmas)?

The utterly efficient Drum Property Refurbishments are coming to have a look tomorrow, and I've contacted a few people from the old threads on this (circa 2002 !) but I'd be grateful for any other ideas.
Tuesday 30 November 2004 12.54am
The small carpet shop at the bottom of TBR. They used to be in Southwark Park Rd and laid my laminate (& underlay) about 6 years ago & did an excellent job. They are very reasonably priced too.
Tuesday 30 November 2004 2.25pm
Get some proper wood flooring put down instead, Siduhe. Try LASSCO - who sell new flooring as well as salvaged.
Tuesday 30 November 2004 2.34pm
Actually, agree with Mapmaker, a certain prejudice has built up against laminate over the past 18 months, so if was having my floor done now would choose proper wood. Shop on TBR does this too.
Wednesday 1 December 2004 1.21am
Birdie laid her own floor, and a very good job she did, too. I'm sure she'd do yours in exchange for a bacardi and coke (no ice).
Anonymous User
Wednesday 1 December 2004 1.25pm
Aaah TLMJJ you know me so well!

Friday 10 December 2004 1.34am
Edited to delete gibberish but to say you do know you can get solid wood laminate, don't you? Is that what you mean by engineered laminate?

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 10 December 2004 1.40am by The Lady Miss Jo Jo.
Friday 10 December 2004 2.00pm
Solid wood laminate = a real bit of wood stuck to some plywood.

Otherwise, laminate = a photgraph of a bit of wood stuck to some plywood.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: