Wild's Rents/Long Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7
Tuesday 30 November 2004 9.52am
Does anyone know what's happening to the building on the corner of Wild's Rents and Long Lane? It looks like it MIGHT be being done up for a retail outlet. I hope so -- it would be good to have a corner shop of some kind here and I think it would catch a lot of passing trade.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 30 November 2004 9.53am by Samuel.
Sunday 30 January 2005 4.56pm
I'd heard (I think on a much earlier post than this) that it might be, what we are sadly lacking in this area ... a kebab shop. Quite a bit of work seems to have taken place on the structure but there aren't any shopfittings in there yet to give any clues ... there also seems to have been a lack of activity in there for weeks.
Except that the front step has been repainted in a rather fetching shade of hideous blue.
Anybody heard anything?
Monday 31 January 2005 1.54am
Lacking a Kebab shop?!

There are 2 on TB Rd and at least 10 others within walking distance. Trust me, I'm a girl who loves her Kebabs ('tho we're a bit too far from Diyonisis on Tottenham Court Rd for my liking - best kebabs in London!)
Monday 31 January 2005 8.49am
Ok what I should have said was "...what we are sadly lacking in this area (she noted with tongue in cheek) ... a kebab shop."
Ditto the love of kebabs ... one of the shops on TBR doesn't even ask what we want anymore ... they just serve it up! Not sure my stomach is up to kebab conversations before breakfast on a monday morning though ...
Monday 31 January 2005 9.41am
Thanks.

They were doing some work in there on Saturday morning.

The blue is, indeed, hideous.
Monday 31 January 2005 11.00am
mmmm... kebabs!
Monday 31 January 2005 6.45pm
Any insights about the next incarnation of the premises previously occupied by Shrinking Violets on the corner of Grange Road and TBR? Looks catering based, too.
Monday 31 January 2005 7.33pm
where's Ivanhoe?
Jac
Monday 31 January 2005 11.35pm
planning permission was applied for for a kebab shop or rather a to sell hot food for consumption off premises or what ever the exact term is. but this was turned down. Other than that I know no more which is very frustrating as I live so close.
Tuesday 1 February 2005 10.29am
I always thought kebabs were made of cat. Proof to the contrary gratefully accepted.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: