Looking for good minicab company

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 30 November 2004 9.38pm

I need to go to Heathrow on Christmas Day and have realised there are no tubes on that day (not surprising, given that most people would be spending time with their families).
Can anyone recommend an inexpensive AND reliable minicab service operating from Shad Thames / Bermondsey?

Tuesday 30 November 2004 10.18pm
Have you checked whether Heathrow Express from Paddington is operating? I have just been to their website and they don't mention christmas at all (though the website didn't scream at me when I did a trial booking for 25 December). Might be worth a try, as I expect getting to Paddington and using the Heathrow Express is a lot easier (and cheaper) than going to Heathrow by road.

0845 600 1515
Tuesday 30 November 2004 10.52pm
Thanks, I think they are running, but as it's 2 of us, I was thinking a mini cab might turn out cheaper..... I'm from the South of Germany, where we have a bit of reputation like Scotsmen in this part of the world ;-)

Wednesday 1 December 2004 1.19am
2 bus tickets to paddington = 1 x 2 = 2
2 Heathrow Express tickets = 13 x 2 = 26

Will you really find a cab from SE1 to Heathrow for 28 on christmas day?
Wednesday 1 December 2004 1.20am
Do the buses run on Christmas day?
Wednesday 1 December 2004 1.36am
There is usually a privately operated service on Christmas Day, with special (higher) fares.

Looking at last year's information, neither of the two special routes went near Paddington.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 1 December 2004 8.02am

this link provides all of the information you need on christmas day travel:

Wednesday 1 December 2004 8.09am
Thanks everyone.... guess I will try a minicab either to Paddington or direct to Heathrow, seems like pretty much the only option. By the looks of it, there are no regular buses.
cheers, Kurt
Wednesday 1 December 2004 8.42am
Fancy booking a flight for Christmas day anyway!!!!
Wednesday 1 December 2004 9.07am
Indeed, had I realised that there was no public transport....! Now I understand why that flight was the cheapest option ;-)

Sal Wrote:
> Fancy booking a flight for Christmas day
> anyway!!!!

Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: