The Former Hardware Shop On TBR

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 1 December 2004 6.11pm
What's happening to the former hardware store on Tower Bridge Road, you know the one ran by Sikhs? i know they have moved a little to the north, but going around the back of their former shop I noticed that nothing remains and it looks like they're digging deep foundations. Another trendy cafe?
Wednesday 1 December 2004 6.23pm
They've spruced up and re-organised the shop, and as far as I know the land behind the row of shops that they are a part of is designated for a terrace of new houses in Alice Street [by the same outfit responsible for the Jam Factory conversion?]. There was an earler posting about it but I not sure what the thread was called.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 1 December 2004 6.27pm by janefs.
Wednesday 1 December 2004 9.19pm
This one jane?
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/26247

they're building an underground tube link for residents of Jam Factory to The Hartley
Thursday 2 December 2004 12.33pm
Harry, I think you may be right - that hole doesn't look as if its anything to do with the Alice St houses so it could be a new shop. It would save us all a lot of guessing if site owners were obliged to put up a small notice informing passers by what was going on. Personally, I like the idea of a tunnel to The Hartley...
Thursday 2 December 2004 1.11pm
Walking down this part of TBR today, I noticed a NUMBER of empty shops. The old "Sweetie Palace", a shop right next to SoBo. For good or bad, times are a changin'.

I do know that the old bakery (? I think that's what it was) with the bagels as door handles, near to the pharmacy, is due to become a proper delicatessan, once some lease issues have been sorted out.
Friday 3 December 2004 5.55pm
cool i used to love their carrot cake (as i KNOw its not the same people, just reminiscing)
Saturday 4 December 2004 6.35pm
I just love carrot cake full stop (as long as it has the frosting!).
Sunday 5 December 2004 6.22pm
I know that the Sweetie Palace shop on the corner of Tower Bridge Road and Rothsay Street will be a dry cleaners. Quite surprisingly actually, since there are seceral dry cleaners already on TBR.
The Hardware shop will go back to their original location, so the owners told me. The chinese take away is being refurbished and will open in about a month.
Monday 6 December 2004 9.36am
Hooray for the hardware shop. Every neighbourhood needs one, and we're miles away from a Robert Dyas, so IMO there's a great chance for a decent hardware shop to clean up on TBR.

{Jon, if you read this, please refrain from commenting on how boring old people are}

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 6 December 2004 11.36am
Ivanhoe, how could you think I'd say something like that! I love DIY shops! (and DIY!)
I'd love to be able to shop in a local DIY place that isn't B&Q.

(yes, yes, yes I know there's a DIY store on the OK rd, but it's just not quite good enough)
(and Ivanhoe I was appaled that you used a junior hacksaw to cut up a piece of 2 by 4! scarilage!)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: