Pizza vending machine installed in The Cut

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 2 December 2004 2.36pm
See Business News article here

There goes SE1's reputation as a foodie destination!
Thursday 2 December 2004 10.52pm
Apparently there are McCains hot chip machines at some London stations. What else do we need: burgers; paella; sweet and sour? It should infuriate those who think there is already too much street furniture.

Thursday 2 December 2004 11.15pm
I'm sorely tempted to ask the relevant borough (Southwark?) whether it requires a "night cafe" licence, but I fear that it would cost them thousands in legal costs to work it out.
Friday 3 December 2004 10.30am
Might need a highway's license or a change of use to the land. The question should be asked, as Southwark proberly dont know its there!!!!
Friday 3 December 2004 10.46am
Talking off pointless street furniture, [you started it sarah2] - just what IS the point of the large blue and white sign on a lampost at the Borough High St end of Great Suffolk St announcing 'Gt Suffolk St - local shopping area' The locals know about the small shopping area and with all due respect, it's unlikely to be a great attraction to visitors? [except perhaps for those looking for Olleys] I took a photo - sad, I know - but even sadder is that I can't work out how to upload it from my new camera yet.
Friday 3 December 2004 10.58am
English Heritage's Save our Streets campaign is a lot about stopping this kind of blight on our historic highways and byways!

Save Our Streets
Friday 3 December 2004 1.47pm
I'm all in long as they follow up by having the full panoply of vending machines that you find in Japan.

I'm always running out of sake, rice, kimonos, photo stickers, and used underwear at odd times of the night when the shops are shut.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 3 December 2004 1.53pm
er...'used' underwear?
Friday 3 December 2004 2.45pm
The pizza machine is outside the 24 hour Costcutters. What I was wondering is why the machine could not be inside the shop, as it is always open? Yes, there is no room for it inside the shop, but why are they allowed to spill out to the pavement like that? And yes, it is a bright red ugly monster of a machine.
Friday 3 December 2004 4.44pm
janefs Wrote:
> er...'used' underwear?

Common urban myth that there used to be vending m/cs in Tokyo selling used female underwear for the frustrated salaryman.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: