Vintage clothing

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Molly Hotpants
Wednesday 24 July 2002 12.37pm
Do any of you lot know any decent places in the area to buy vintage clothing etc? It's rather a hike up to Portabello from SE1 and Spitalfields Market was closed last time I went, so just wondered if there were any little markets or hidden away shops nearby that are worth plundering?

Thanks Molly.
PS. On the subject of Portabello, does anyone have any tips/bus routes for getting over to West London (Maida Vale, Westbourne Grove etc) without having to go endure the tube?
the arch druid
Wednesday 24 July 2002 1.47pm
move there
Wednesday 24 July 2002 1.53pm
No. 12 bus goes to Notting Hill - OK for Portabello Road.
You can also check www.londontransport.co.uk/buses
this gives you bus route maps.
Jan
Wednesday 24 July 2002 2.03pm
look for jumble sales locally....
sarah
Wednesday 24 July 2002 3.44pm
There's a very nice vintage clothing shop in Lower Marsh - I can't for the life of me remember what it's called - something like 'what the butler saw' - I'm sure someone will correct me.
Is Brick Lane market too much of a trek? There's a large huge vintage/second hand clothing place in one of the railway arches - and the rest of the market is bonkers so it's always worth a visit!
Saturday 27 July 2002 9.11pm
take the no 12 straight to notting hill... EASY
Sunday 28 July 2002 3.45pm
Charity shops in Walworth Road may be worth checking out.
Charlie Brown
Friday 9 August 2002 3.41pm
Just to add to what others have said - the shop on Lower Marsh is called What the Butler Wore, and it looks great, although it has never been open when i have been past (weekends). Try during the week.

Spitalfields is open Sundays.

To get to Westbourne Park the best way is to take the no 12 to Oxford St by Selfridges (near Bond St tube) and then change to no 7 (i think) which takes you up to Westboune Gr. Or, of course, the no 12 goes to Notting Hill Gate.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: