Pub opening times over Christmas

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 6 December 2004 4.58pm
Does anyone know which pubs are open normal hours on Christmas Eve in the London Bridge area? And which pubs are open on Christmas Day?

I am going to start asking the Christmas opening hours of all the SE1 pubs I go to, and will post any I find out here, if I'm not too tiddled to remember.

Edited 3 times. Last edit at 6 December 2004 5.11pm by The Lady Miss Jo Jo.
Monday 6 December 2004 5.20pm
Good....I'm looking for an SE1 (or close) pub open on Christmas night to go to after this:

Saturday 25th December: Deserted London ride. Meet 10am Cutty Sark Gardens/11am Southwark Needle - south end of London Bridge. A slow all day meander. West out to Putney along the south bank then back north, through the parks and up to good value late lunch in Edgware Road that caters for all diets. Pub later. Barry 07905 889 005.

quoted from www.southwarkcyclists.org.uk

Barry Mason
Coordinator
Southwark Cyclists
07905 889 005

Anonymous User
Tuesday 14 December 2004 12.41pm
After a little ringing round I have discovered the following:

Christmas Eve
The Garrison - closed
The Scotia - open until (probably) around 10pm
Barrow Boy & Banker - open until 8pm
All Bar One - open until 7pm
The Horniman at Hays - open until 11pm

The Lady Miss JoJo and I are planning a Christmas Eve drinkie - I think the Horniman is present favourite - due to a) proximity to station and b) longest opening hours!
Tuesday 14 December 2004 11.39pm
Birdie beat me to the phoning round. I called the Slug & Lettuce, and they are open until 6 or 7, depending on how busy it is.

Thursday 8 December 2005 4.38pm
Just thought I would drag this up from last year - it is the first time I shall spend Christmas in London and places to take the family may potentially be needed (I am making a list of ideas just in case a world war breaks out in SE1). If anyone has heard of anywhere that will be open on Christmas Eve/Day, it would be much appreciated!
Anonymous User
Thursday 8 December 2005 5.12pm
I shall ring around again.
Anonymous User
Thursday 8 December 2005 5.25pm
Christmas Day pub opening (of the pubs I could be bothered to ring):

Hartley: Not opening
Garrison: Not opening
Woolpack: Not opening (James if you are reading this you have the wrong phone number for the Woolpack - it should bew 7357 9269)
Marigold: 12-3pm
The George TBR: 12-3pm
Royal Oak: Not opening

That was the extent of my calls I'm afraid.
Thursday 8 December 2005 5.33pm
Yes please find one....

Southwark Cyclists are doing our sofa-antidote 25/12 ride again....all very welcome.......120 turned up last year...all shapes and sizes...wonderful mix....it's a slow, comfortable one that's paced for all and aims to be sociable. We'll meander west for a refresher at The Duke's Head on the Putney riviera, then up to Edgware Road for lunch..then to that fabled pub that must be open somewhere centrallish. A pint to whoever tracks it down.

Here's the ride detail from
http://www.southwarkcyclists.org.uk/social.shtml#now

No booking or fees involved, just turn up. (And we've at least 2 rides before then).

Sunday 25th December: 2512 ride. Meet 10am Cutty Sark Gardens or 11am Southwark Needle (south end of London Bridge) for a slow sociable exploring ride round central London ending up with a late lunch in a good-value Edgware Road cafe that caters for veggies and vegans too. Optional extension and pub after. Barry 07905 889 005.

Barry Mason
Coordinator
Southwark Cyclists
07905 889 005
Thursday 8 December 2005 5.41pm
Birdie - thanks very much for that - at least I have a couple of places to drag the pair of them off to!
Thursday 8 December 2005 5.42pm
Birdie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Woolpack: Not opening (James if you are reading
> this you have the wrong phone number for the
> Woolpack - it should bew 7357 9269)

Now corrected - many thanks.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: