20,000th post

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 9 December 2004 9.24am
Someone soon wil make the 20,000th forum post.

What should be their prize?

And should it be set to them via Royal Mail?
Thursday 9 December 2004 9.58am
Assuming the ID number to be the number of posts so far, surely you mean the 30,000th post?
Thursday 9 December 2004 10.35pm
Oh Ms Jo. Sharpen up, will you! You don't know what he's talking about.

And nor do I...
Thursday 9 December 2004 11.07pm
On the forum menu it has the number of posts in each section, and the main forum has 19 thousand odd posts....

It wasn't that long since the 10,000th post was posted.
Friday 10 December 2004 11.56am
Oh yes, I see what you mean. Only 199 to go...
Monday 20 December 2004 12.27am
Congratulations to The Unladylike Ms Jo who has just posted the 20,000th message in the Rare Postboxes thread!

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 20 December 2004 7.30am
Drinks all round on the account of TULMJJ - Thanks
Monday 20 December 2004 11.55am
Goody - I'm glad it was me. And three cheers for the Forum, without which I would never have had anything to say about rare postboxes, cider or numerous other subjects, and would never have met all those wonderful SE1-lovers too numerous to mention. Here's to many more thousands of posts, and lots more great new local people met, electronically or in person. And every success to James in whatever he does - he deserves it.

Talking about posts and drinks, I was wondering whether the Phorum software allows for code to automatically start a thread called “Next forum social” every time a thousand posts have been made, but then I thought that TLMJJ does this job very efficiently already.
Monday 20 December 2004 9.59pm

Re: Fleurs Lang Rabbie | Monday 20 December 2004 12:06AM ID 29436
Re: Rare postboxes The Unladylike Ms. Jo | Monday 20 December 2004 12:20AM ID 29437

"You don't understand. I could've had class. I could have been a contender. I could have been somebody ..."
Monday 20 December 2004 10.31pm
So you had 14 minutes, while I idly surfed around, reading about such post-box arcania as "a rather unusual pillarbox emerged in the Birmingham & Southern District. A miscalculation had resulted in the box being 8 feet (2.4m) high but, despite this, two of them were put into operation" and "After some boxes were blown up in protest and others painted with tar, the Post Office relented and Scottish boxes bore the Scottish Crown but no royal cipher", to notice the counter at 19,999 and get your message in quick. (I can't believe I've developed an interest in postboxes. A little while ago it was manhole covers, after someone told me about some interesting ones with little blocks of wood in the top.)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: