Asda Old Kent Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 10 December 2004 4.01pm
Anyone know if the new Asda on Old Kent Road has opened yet? I went past there the other day and it had a big sign outside saying "Opening Monday December" but the date was blacked out. There is also nothing on the Asda website to say when it is opening.
Friday 10 December 2004 4.04pm
fairly soon - they have lots of stock in side!
Friday 10 December 2004 4.07pm
Monday 13th it said when I drove past on Sunday.
Friday 10 December 2004 4.10pm
Great. Thanks for the info
Friday 10 December 2004 4.32pm
Full-page ad in today's SLP says Monday 13th.

Opening hours Mon-Sat 8am-10pm; Sun 10am-4pm

Tel 020 7500 7900

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 10 December 2004 4.49pm
Great. Thanks James
Friday 10 December 2004 11.18pm
Hopefully it will kick the Elephant and OKR Tesco stores into providing better service.
Monday 13 December 2004 6.45pm
I popped into the new Asda this evening (along with the rest of South London). There were so many people in there, it was hard to see what was on the shelves, however, I did spot men's dinner suits, the usual array of anaemic looking meat - although I did see some venison burgers, and (oddly) pork and haggis sausages - a fairly dull wine section; a truly fantastic selection of bottled beer, and a few ciders: I saw two different Merrydown's, a few Thatcher's single varietals, Frome Valley medium and dry, and Weston's vintage dry; organic; and scrumpy - the latter comes in two litre glass demi-johns, which will come in very useful when it comes to racking off my own brew.
Monday 13 December 2004 11.39pm
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/1316

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 14 December 2004 1.21pm
Popped into Tesco on Sat and noticed lots of new shelving and clearer aisle signage plus the cafe has gone to make way for a larger fruit and veg section ... wonder what all that's about?!!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: