Anchor & Hope

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 16 December 2004 9.15am
Just wanted to let everyone know of an appalling experience I had at this place last week.
The staff are unbelievably rude. They have an idiotic seating system whereby you can't sit down even for two minutes while waiting for someone else to turn up. i went there for a colleague's leaving do, ready to spend several hundred quid on expenses, and they were SO rude, we left after one course. They also poured wine without letting us tatste it, the patronised us when we complained that the wine was clearly oxidised. The cassoulet was bony and fatty, and had a bone sticking up out of it when it was brought to the table. MMMM! Oh, and mr surly waiter glared at me throughout the meal, like he was trying to psyche me out. All his appalling manner and below-par food did was convince me to let everyone know just how dismal this place is. Avoid at all costs, SE1 is full of better places with more care for their customers, serving nicer food in a more pleasant atmosphere. Again, I say: AVOID!
Thursday 16 December 2004 10.13am
Such a shame. So London. Get successful, get complacent. It's pathetic.
Thursday 16 December 2004 12.53pm
So London, indeed.

I popped into The Garrison on Tuesday night hoping for a table. No luck, but they were pleasant as usual.

The Bermondsey Kitchen people, again, were very nice. My partner, who's French, was well impressed with the service. Mind you, having friendlier service than Paris is not a huge boast.
Thursday 16 December 2004 1.06pm
I had a really nice experience here a few weeks ago, on a friday lunchtime - seated on a shared table very quickly, service friendly( two women) and nice and food delicious...only problem was getting the bill out of them, but not a big problem. Maybe it's better at lunchtimes?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: