Siu's Noodle House

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 30 December 2004 9.27am
In Tower bridge road went to the Noodle house for the first time, broke the habit of a life time and had a set meal.. it was ..:-( ...... and the staff seemed to have an attitude problem, food was dumped in silence on the table, the amount of food for the money paid was derisable, just as well really as it was 'orrible) the thing is were we just unlucky last night? or is it like it all the time? I very rarely leave a restaurant without tipping as I feel guilty over the low pay the staff get...

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 30 December 2004 10.50am by James Hatts.
Thursday 30 December 2004 11.36am
Sorry Jan but it's always like that! In my experience the two largest restaurants here, I include the Tower Tandoori in this, have not learnt that a chef is the most vital ingrdient of a successful restaurant. I notice that the Indian restaurant has recently been refurbished, is the food any better than on my last two visits last year. "Simply Indian" is a cut above all the other Indian restaurants in the borough, the guys at Tower Tandoori should get them in as consultants. As for a memorable chinese meal in the area I'm still looking. Thank goodness Chinatown is not far away!!
Thursday 30 December 2004 12.35pm
I've been longing to go in since it opened, so it was a disappointment Jerry, the Indian next door years ago used to be nice, but I agree Simply Indian is superb....The Great Wall used to be nice, but have not been for a few years , Chinatown here I come!

The annoying thing is I hate set meals because they always incorporate something I don't like....this time there was no problem, I did not like any of it! and thats coming from one fat old bird who loves her food!
Sunday 2 January 2005 3.37pm
Jan, I think you might have just given us the clue we need to know how to coax you out of the woodwork - we're all dying to meet you in the flesh. Maybe we can get it together in 2005 to organise a social (with food!) at a time thats OK for you (from another fat old bird who likes her food)
Wednesday 5 January 2005 9.46am
Ah bless you all! you may have seen me already....there's no woodwork big enuff to hide me...I keep saying I'll come and meet you, and you can have the dubious delight of meeting this old cockernee bird! so when is this latest event going to take place? :-)
Wednesday 5 January 2005 7.00pm
When would suit you?
Thursday 6 January 2005 12.29pm
In a few weeks time I am going to have a few days off and try to clean the walls and bannisters so I can get started on decorating or cut through the mess that counts for a garden, I'll tell Don that I am working late so can't go and visit him ( he's in a nursing home and gets the proverbal 'ump if I dont go straight in after work, so hence my reluctance to commit myself sometimes.) So promise that I will be there when arranged! :-)
Thursday 6 January 2005 12.42pm
In a few weeks time then - just post when the time comes. Maybe we can come round and help you with the bannisters and garden so that you can see Don AND get out for a drink?
Thursday 6 January 2005 3.35pm
My Lord ...I'd have to clean first! :-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: