Yoga?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
NJ
Saturday 1 January 2005 11.21pm
Can anyone reccomend a good yoga school in the SE1/SW8/SW1 areas?
Tuesday 4 January 2005 3.08pm
NJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can anyone reccomend a good yoga school in the
> SE1/SW8/SW1 areas?

Yes, I would recommend David Thorpe's classes at the Columbo Health centre, Columbo Street SE1. If you want to be taught yoga properly i.e. not as just a physical exercise, then David's classes are great. They're great value too (3 per class for residents/members and 5 per class for non-residents).

Other than that try Globe House SE1. More pricey but still v good.

Tuesday 4 January 2005 3.44pm
Do you have any contact info (for the Colombo St classes) please?

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 4 January 2005 3.54pm
http://www.colombo-centre.org

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 4 January 2005 4.52pm
thanks James

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 21 June 2005 5.18pm
NJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can anyone reccomend a good yoga school in the
> SE1/SW8/SW1 areas?

In response to this query, I can also recommend another yoga class which is starting up in the SE1 area on Tues eves (from 28 June) between 6.15 - 7.15 pm at St Judes Community Centre, on St Georges Road (v near the Imperial War Museum). Price is reasonable at 6 (4 conc) too. I hope this post will be OK with Mr Hatts.....

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 21 June 2005 5.18pm by atom.
Wednesday 22 June 2005 7.32am
In the interests of honesty, I should add that I am the yoga teacher of this class - so yes it is teeny bit of advertising on my part! It won't happen again I promise.
Wednesday 22 June 2005 8.03am
If someone asks "do you know a yoga class in the area?" I have no problem with you responding with details of your own class, so long as you are upfront about that fact..

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Jac
Sunday 26 February 2006 5.08pm
If anyone is thinking about trying yoga I can highly recommend Aniko who teaches a class in The Cut on thursday evenings. she teaches in blocks of four and the next course starts this week. I have no connections etc I just thought she was a really good teacher. Anyone who knows me will know that I am not of the typical build or figure of those who practise yoga but she made me feel very at ease. If you want details let me know and I can PM you her email address.
Sunday 26 February 2006 7.51pm
I go to classes at The Globe House - just off Tooley St.

http://www.globehouse.org/

It's more expensve than the ones above - but convenient as they have classes at times that are good for after work. I can only testify to the Wednesday night classes - thumbs up.

No connection.. except for going to them.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: