Boiler repairs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 5 January 2005 9.02am
Hi

I have a v expensive boiler insurance scheme at the moment. I was wondering if I could get a few quotes from people who just come out and fix boilers on request to see if it would be cheaper- any recommendations?

Andrea
Wednesday 5 January 2005 9.26am
I had mine serviced by somebody called Maintracts Services Ltd 020 8682 2244 who charge a whopping GBP68 per hour. On the other hand, the chappie who came to do it was very knowledgeable & happy to talk about what he was doing.

Remember though, if your boiler bursts (very unlikely) you may be looking at a bill of #1200 or more for a new one plus installation plus system flushing. If you cannot afford that sort of sum you should think hard about insurance. Otherwise, all insurance is a waste of money - and once you've no longer got insurance on your dishwasher, oven, washing machine, fridge, lawnmower (!) etc. you'll be able to afford repairs as and when they're required.
Wednesday 5 January 2005 10.13am
I know a plumber/heating engineer called Loxley Edwards of AGW Services Ltd. He hasn't done any work in my home, but he did a job at a property in which I have 'an interest' and it was satisfactory. He installed a new hot water boiler. He is based in Vauxhall. Tel: 020 7820 0429, Mob: 07930 984620.
Thursday 6 January 2005 12.59pm

I have used the British Gas service for about two years now (three visits to my old potterton boiler) and I have found them very prompt, reliable and much more knowledgeable than anyone else I have used. But it is pricey. Just got a new boiler and thinking about whether I should still use them.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network