Massage relief in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Thursday 13 January 2005 9.11am
Now, hopefully the title has got you all looking. It should also perhaps generate some interesting adverts. But seriously......

...does anyone know where I can get a good shoulder, neck and upper back massage in SE1 (preferably somewhere between TBR, the Elephant, and London Bridge) please?

...if you press it, they will come.
Anonymous User
Thursday 13 January 2005 9.30am
The Stress Exchange on Tooley Street or Floatworks on Thrale Street.

I'm going to spend the day wishing I was having a massage or a float now.

Thursday 13 January 2005 10.22am
I'm going to book a massage right now.
Thursday 13 January 2005 10.27am
Thanks Birdie. Have either of you been to either of the places Birdie mentions, please? Any comments welcomed.

Thursday 13 January 2005 10.42am
I had a very good massage when I hurt my neck at 74 Bermondsey st. I'd recommend them! It really sorted out my neck, and they gave me good advice about what to do if I did it again.

http://www.studioseventyfour.co.uk/
Anonymous User
Thursday 13 January 2005 10.47am
Have been to floatworks & was very happy. I prefer floating to massages - both outstanding for back relaxation.

A friend went there for acupuncture & cupping (the cupping was a surprise 'extra'.) She was similarly pleased (although disappointed not to leave with Gwyneth style bruises!
Thursday 13 January 2005 10.51am
I've been to both, though I've only had massages at The Stress Exchange, which I recommend. It aims to be unisex, so should be comfortable for a man to visit.
Thursday 13 January 2005 11.24am
Brillliant. Thanks very much everyone. I'll book something now.

It's a busy period at work for the next few weeks, and if I've got a stiff neck and shoulders now it'll only get worse as I spend more time hunched over a computer, so I reckon I'm entitled (nay, obliged) to treat myself to some essential therapy.

Thanks again.

Anonymous User
Thursday 13 January 2005 11.32am
Looking forward to a sprightly Ivanhoe soon!

Have you considered uising the floatation tanks at all?
Thursday 13 January 2005 11.58am
I've got to admit that my curmudgeonly old man side comes to the fore ( "Is it ever otherwise?" you may ask) when thinking about flotation tanks.

I know nothing about them, but somehow I feel distrustful of them ("distrustful" in a snake oil way, not a fear and loathing way). I realise this isn't exactly a testament to my liberality of thought, and you seem to be impressed by them, so maybe I should give it a go. I can see that weightlessness could be good for stiff backs etc, but I'd be more drawn to having a massage because it seems like an active solution, where floating seems passive.

Maybe one day, I'll float away....

Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: