Nurseries in Bermondsey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 18 January 2005 12.31pm
Hello

My sister, TLMJJ, recently posted that she was now an auntie to my lovely daughter. (Thank you to everyone who suggested names - we settled on Beyonce Caprice. Very of the moment we thought).

I am already having to look at the nurseries in the area, in anticipation of my return to work. (I offered TLMJJ 5 an hour babysitting money and all the beer she can drink, but she declined). I wondered if anyone has any recommendations or places best avoided? Baby will be a year old and I would be interested in part time places ideally.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday 18 January 2005 1.38pm
Annie

Congratulations

would highly recommend Little Acorns in St James road but they only take 2-5 year olds (full and part time)

My friends little one was at the Arc (????)in Crosby Row which she thought was excellent but need to put name down now to get a place for under 2's
Tuesday 18 January 2005 2.39pm
(Can I just point out that my sister was joking about the baby's name - I do NOT have a niece called Beyonce!)
Tuesday 18 January 2005 2.53pm
No, she's called Beyonce Caprice. Annie makes that quite clear above.

(Welcome Annie. Good luck with the nursery search. Have you thought about the City Farm?)

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 18 January 2005 3.32pm
Yes welcome Annie. Your daughter will henceforth be known to us all as Beyonce Caprice whether you like it or not.

The Arc does take babies and is expensive but good. Its also geared to full-time babies but may be flexible. I don't have a phone number but you can get in touch with them through Charterhouse (who run the nursery) on 7357-7733 or 7407-1123. Good luck.
Tuesday 18 January 2005 3.47pm
On behalf of baby Beyonce Caprice, thank you all for your suggestions, I'll give the Arc a call tomorrow. (Will also buy a lottery ticket, in the vain hope that a huge win will render return to work completely unnecessary).

(TLMJJ - stop pretending that you don't know your own niece's name!)
Tuesday 18 January 2005 11.04pm
I can highly recommend the Arc - my little boy, Romeo Romeo Burberry Apple, goes there 3 days a week and loves it! As do I!
They do have waiting lists I believe - but if you are flexible with your days it might be easier
The managers name is Jane
Also you'll be glad to know that there isn't another Beyonce Caprice name tag on the pegs. So no mix-ups at collection time.
Good luck!
Wednesday 19 January 2005 10.26am
LOL

If Romeo grew up and fell in love with Beyonce, and they lay together and begat, would they call their child something really wild, or do you think they'd go for the double-reverse strategy and go for a Peter/Jane/Janet/John sort of thing?

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 19 January 2005 6.01pm
Ivanhoe - I think I've worked out that IMO means in my opinion (in previous posts) but what does LOL mean? I always thought it meant Lots of love, so surely it should go at the end of a post not at the beginning! Put me out of my misery!

PS I think my grandchildren's names will be determined by those of the offspring of Fifi Trixibelle, Peaches and Heavely Haarani Tiger Lily and their subtly (sp?) named mates.
Wednesday 19 January 2005 6.18pm
laugh/laughs/laughing out loud
legs open longingly
lots of love

take your pick which you think is most appropriate.

LMAO - Laugh/laughs/laughing my ass off
ROFLMAO - Rolling on floor laughing my ass off.
IIRC - If I recall correctly
IMO - in my opinion
IMHO - in my humble opinion

& cetera
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: