Badminton clubs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 19 January 2005 1.41pm
Hi all

I have only been in the area a relatively short time and am looking for somewhere to play badmington. Doesn't necessarily have to be a 'club' just a court that's for hire by the hour would be fine. I am based on Upper Ground near Blackfriars Bridge.

By the way, really enjoy reading your forum, you'd be surprised how informative it is to a 'newby'

Wednesday 19 January 2005 1.53pm
Probably the most convenient place to you will be the Colombo centre (Colombo street about 2 minutes from Upper Ground) which has a hall with three courts. It can be difficult to get a booking in weekday evenings but easier at the weekend.

Details here:

Wednesday 19 January 2005 4.29pm
Colombo is quite quiet at weekends and costs 6.90 for an hour. However on top you have to pay a 1 entry fee per person if you're not a member. Membership is really cheap at the moment as a local resident - 90 for 6 months. They only have a gym and courts and the changing facilities are as you'd expect from a local authority joint but it still beats the usual extortionate gym prices and it's really close to you.

Oh and they also do Saturday tea dances - don't know how old you are. . . . .
Wednesday 19 January 2005 4.33pm
Thanks, Colombo sounds ideal - Looks like the agenda is 1, Book Court 2, Brush up on Tea Dancing.............hmmmm

Saturday 22 January 2005 11.45pm
Thanks for fowarding on this thread. I've been to the Columbo Cente and found it a little pricey for what we got. Anyone know of any other courts around?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: