Good food in Waterloo Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 19 January 2005 4.50pm
Hi Everyone
Im soon to be visiting the area and im wondering where to get good food around Waterloo road.
Thanks in advance
Andi
x
Wednesday 19 January 2005 5.45pm
Why, you only have to use James' fantastic search function on this site.

(But, for starters, there's:

all the things on The Cut (Livebait/Tas/Tas Ev/The Hopeless Wanker/ The Ring);

The Fire Station and Waterloo Bar & Kitchen (I might be making this name up. I mean the one just Sth of the Old Vic on W Rd) and the Thai place over rd from the Station (good for quick & tasty pre-theatre dinners IMO);

Japanese place on that road that isn't The Cut, but goes straight on from it (?Lower Marsh?).

Yo Sushi at County Hall

etcetcetc.

You won't starve (and welcome to the area)

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 20 January 2005 11.55am
Additionally, with all this choice I wouldn't go near the Fire Station (surly) or Waterloo Bar and Kitchen (v. average). There's also a quick noodle bar on The Cut aswell as an upmarket sit-in sandwich bar. And I'd recommend a quaint old-world Italian restaurant - Caprini - on Waterloo Road up near the Imax roundabout which is excellent for trad escalope and spaghetti stuff.
Anonymous User
Thursday 20 January 2005 12.02pm
Is no one going to mention the pizza vending machine????
Thursday 20 January 2005 12.04pm
Keep quiet about the Caprini or all the retro post-modern ironists will start filling up the tables!
Thursday 20 January 2005 1.24pm
Also on The Cut is Pizza Paradiso (I highly recommend the Tortelloni Pardiso) and Capital Kebab (wonderful chicken shish). :c)
Thursday 20 January 2005 5.11pm
Too right about the chicken shish!! So good, you can't get to the counter for uniformed coppers, queuing up for it...
Thursday 20 January 2005 5.24pm
Here I am...trying not to think of food...on yet another diet...thinking of how I can do a detour to Waterloo road.....must not go on site when hungry....look into my eyes...must not go on londonse1 when hungry......

did any one read the southwark and bermondsey news about 'Fish' today? fairly negative comments....and the price of the scallop dish...

Thursday 20 January 2005 11.31pm
Just been to Olley's tonight (yum yum) - big bit of flaky Cod

(now trying to eat as much as possible of this endangered fish before it runs out and no-one can remember what it tasted like)

edited to emphasise TFinC...

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 20 January 2005 11.33pm by red bus.
Monday 24 January 2005 11.34am
lagse1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Additionally, with all this choice I wouldn't go
> near the Fire Station (surly) or Waterloo Bar and
> Kitchen (v. average). There's also a quick noodle
> bar on The Cut aswell as an upmarket sit-in
> sandwich bar. And I'd recommend a quaint old-world
> Italian restaurant - Caprini - on Waterloo Road up
> near the Imax roundabout which is excellent for
> trad escalope and spaghetti stuff.

Maybe Waterloo Bar & Kitchen is hit and miss then as I was very nicely surprised there some time back, however the noodle bar was uninspiring to say the least.

The chippy on Waterloo Rd is renowned for being the best around, beats Ollie's.

Fire Station is overpriced, The Hope & Anchor deserves the billing given to it by lagse1 - Fish! is one of my favourites, great fish, unpretentious though a little pricey I think it's worth it.

Haven't tried Baltic though would like to...anyone been?

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: