Any witnesses to car accident on Tanner Street?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 19 January 2005 9.19pm
James, I hope you don't mind me posting this here, but it's my last hope. As some of the SE1er's will know, a few weeks ago I bought a small car - I had to, as I care for my Grandmother who lives in Chesterfield, and at the moment I have to get up there once a week to make sure she gets to the shops so she can eat!!! Which is hard enough right now............Anyway, the car was parked on Tanner Street today, and someone crashed into it, wiping out the back end - there must have been some witnesses, as it must have been a fairly hard crash - judging from the look of my poor little car. However, no one has left a note or bothered to try to leave details - if anyone did see/hear anything or hears anything on the grapevine, I'd be extremely grateful. And to the B8888d that did it and just drove away - I wish YOU serious transmission failure - hopefully on the M1 at peak hour - you dishonest disgrace.
Wednesday 19 January 2005 10.59pm
I'm so sorry I don't have any info at all to help you, but you do have my comiserations. What a horrible thing to happen, I hate that powerless feeling you get when things like that occur.
Thursday 20 January 2005 8.39am
Very sorry to hear what happened - I don't know how some people live with themselves

Anyway could you put up some A4 posters in the local environs; almost a mini version of the yellow signs that the police leave around. If someone did see the accident they may not have had means of leaving any info for you?

Good luck!
Thursday 20 January 2005 9.41am
Just a suggestion, have a look and see if there are any cctv cameras in Tanner st. If there are and they are switched on and pointing vaguely in the direction of where your car was parked there's a good chance the accident is on film.
Good luck
Anonymous User
Thursday 20 January 2005 10.02am
Claire

Am really sorry to hear this, particularly in light of your committments. Sadly I won't have time to drive you to Chesterfield but if there's anything local you need transport for, please let me know if I can help.
Thursday 20 January 2005 10.45am
Thanks for all the kind words - I wouldn't usually be so down about something like this - it is only a car after all, and there's a lot worse going on in the world at the moment - but it's just seemed to be one thing on top of another recently! I did check for cameras, and none seemed to be even vaguely pointing at the car, but I'm going to check with local businesses hopefully this afternoon, and also put up some signs - although I was a bit worried that I'd then probably get done by the council!!!!!!! Everyone being so kind has really cheered me up - I was so upset last night when I found the car, but no doubt will be back to my normal state of forever teetering on the brink of optimism very soon. :O) Claire.
Thursday 20 January 2005 10.46am
Hope you get sorted quickly. Some people are **************s.

(I'm sure you've thought of this, but can you order food to be delivered to ageing granny?)

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 20 January 2005 11.00am
Thanks, Ivanhoe - yes we have thought about it, but unfortunately (a) grannie is a stubborn old bird (although lovely) and (b) the poor old duck doesn't get out at all other than the shopping trip and pub lunch we take her for once a week, so at the moment it's as much about contact for her as just the shopping. cheers C.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: