A Hidden Treasure

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 23 January 2005 10.57am
I went to the Docklands Museum yesterday, a fantastic place by Canary Wharf. It costs about 5 to get in but the tickets are valid for a year. I'll certainly be coming back. There's plenty of 'interactive' stuff for the kids and as much detail as any adult would like. It's in an old warehouse and has a fantastic feel about it. As I say, it's an undiscovered gem.
Sunday 23 January 2005 11.07pm
huum sound's interesting

Canery wharf is my least favorite destination in London

So If I ever do get round to visiting it, it better be good
Monday 24 January 2005 11.03pm
Meant to visit it before, but the brats weren't keen.

I am now determined to go there next time I'm in London.
Tuesday 25 January 2005 8.13pm

It certainly deserves to be better known... It is in one of the last remaining Georgian warehouses of the West India Docks, not some faceless 1990s part of the Canary Wharf development.

http://www.museumindocklands.org.uk/

I've had very mixed reports from people who have taken kids - school parties generally enjoy it with an interpreter, but you need to know quite a lot of the background if taking your own/"borrowed" children around for them not to get a bit bored in some bits.

There is a photographic exhibition "Londoners at Work" from early Feb which looks quite interesting for history buff grown-ups.
Wednesday 26 January 2005 3.24pm
Isn't it also allied to the Museum of London (another place where you get one ticket and it's valid for a year)?

...if you press it, they will come.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: