Students

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 29 January 2005 7.11pm
Any idea on studenty pubs/ bars in the area? Starting at Guys and would like to know. Thanks
Sunday 30 January 2005 6.20am
Well considering this place is awash with students, cant imagine you could go to ANY of the pubs and not find lots of them. You've got South Bank University for a start, the London College of Printing, and yourselves (Guys and Thomas's). If you look back a few strings you will find a BIG discussion about which pubs are best (tremendous partisanship everyone rooting for his own.) I'm not really clever about pubs, but have been introduced via this website to the Royal Oak in Tabard St. which was LOVELY. But I dare say after a couple of weeks your fellow students will sort you out!!
Monday 31 January 2005 11.25am
Andrea_ald Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any idea on studenty pubs/ bars in the area?
> Starting at Guys and would like to know. Thanks

Is there anything likely to be wrong with the rest of us (i.e. non-students)? I really do think we should be told.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 2 February 2005 11.48am
the Roebuck on Great Dover Street seems to attract a younger crowd than other other pubs in the area - its a nice bar but not cheap

What about enlivening the Townhouse on Great suffolk St?
A busload of students could bring the average punter's age back into double digits ;)
Wednesday 2 February 2005 11.58am
Whatever you do, make sure you DON'T go into any "normal" pubs.

You might meet some non-students, and get on with them.

Anonymous User
Wednesday 2 February 2005 12.16pm
Don't be soft - all us non-students are far too old to old to be interesting
Wednesday 2 February 2005 2.01pm
Oh. Sorry. You're probably right.

Anyone for cribbage tonight down the British Legion?

Wednesday 2 February 2005 8.45pm
The nearest the area has got to a Boho boozer is The Rose behind Guy's, junction of Weston St and Snowsfields. Cracking dukebox, candles and, ahem, friendly when it gets late. Watch out for the chessplayers, they get a bit rowdy on Monday nights.
Wednesday 2 February 2005 8.53pm
Birdie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
"all us non-students are far too old to old to be interesting"

Nice to see you've anticipated the "You can say that again!" reply. That's what I call life experience.

Wednesday 2 February 2005 9.40pm
Conversely, can we non students go to the places suggested or will there be a riot?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: