Late (ish) Coffee?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 1 February 2005 7.36pm
Does anyone know of any late night cafes/coffee bars in the area - it seems to be a very large hole in the market - meeting a friend of mine the other night, who does not drink, and being off the booze briefly myself, I racked my brains for somewhere local, and came up with a blank. Fearing the icy glare of trendy yoofs IF we ventured into a gastro, and the bemused stare of the bar staff at the less salubrious drinking holes when asked for a skinny decaff latte, we were stumped!
Tuesday 1 February 2005 8.13pm
Doesn't the Tas Café on Borough High Street close quite late?
Wednesday 2 February 2005 10.05am
only to about 7 on some nights :(

There's a terrific coffee bar in Soho that has coffee and hot chocolate until late - and even puts smiley faces on the top of the frothy milk in chocolate... we could do with one of those around here :)
Anonymous User
Wednesday 2 February 2005 10.47am
What about the Bermondsey Kitchen? Not too pub like so should be comfortable to sit & sip a coffee
Wednesday 2 February 2005 11.04am
A bit of a walk perhaps, but the South Bank is full of suitable venues: the NFT Cafe (till 9.00), National Theatre (till 11) and Festival Hall (till 10). Nearer than Soho anyway...

Mark.
Thursday 3 February 2005 12.03am
Smithfields? A minor schlep but always open.
Friday 4 February 2005 12.59pm
Amano on Clink Street do fabulous coffees and they are open until around 9.30pm I think.
Friday 4 February 2005 1.44pm
thanks folks! Amano sounds particularly promising, will give that a go.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: