Day Time Tennis

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 7 February 2005 12.25pm
Have just moved to Bermondsey Street, fabulous neigherhood feel, I work from home and am around during the day. Delighted about the four courts on tanner St and would like to give an uplift to my New Years Fitness regime! Is there anyone local, interested in a regular knock about during week. Must be clear that I currently have the Sporting prowess and Tennis skills of T. Henman's baby sister, but confident that improvement is just around the corner. Or should anyone have any ideas on any midweek leagues or clubs? Thx.
Tuesday 8 February 2005 3.04pm
I'd be keen. Also work (?) at home and would be good to meet up for a bit of a knock about. Ability questionable but it's all good fun. Also have courts near me (Stamford Street) which are currently underused.
Wednesday 9 February 2005 9.59am
Work not too far from Tanner Street and was about to walk there to see if a lunchtime game was feasible! I'd love an informal game. By the way, I live near Colombo Street where the courts lages1 mentioned are. Bit of a disappointment, as although I live locally and belong to the Colombo Sports Centre, I can't use them on weekends. They are only available for hire Monday to Friday 7.30-8.30, 12.30-2.30 and 6.30-730 (these may not be entirely accurate times, but are more or less right). On weekends (the only time I could use them) they are for community use. Hope this isn't another term for 'ompletely empty all weekend'!
Wednesday 23 February 2005 10.38am
Hi all,
I'm interested in playing tennis. Bit rusty but used to be good. How do you go about booking the courts? Are they just a free turn up or who do you have to contact?
Wednesday 23 February 2005 2.12pm
.........just turn up and play, no booking required, no time limits but don't be greedy!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: