Boiler replacement

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 9 February 2005 11.15am
just been quoted a small fortune for a small boiler by british gas. does anyone have any recommendations for alternative installers?
Wednesday 9 February 2005 7.42pm
I recommend Phillipe Albanese, good Greek/Canadian independent merchant. Honest and good.
0781 258 2503.

Wednesday 23 February 2005 2.05pm
Colin,

We may have spoken already. If not, give me a ring 07798 644071. I'm Corgi registered, a member of the IOP and an Approved Contractor for Your Move.

Regards

Steve
Wednesday 23 February 2005 2.53pm
Philip Albanese fitted my boiler. I recommend him too.

As for buying a boiler (not sure if relevant). Try the Plumbing Center just off Grange Road. If you can put up with the staff there (burping and farting while serving you), they are actually quite cheap and are happy to give discounts (they knocked 120 off the price of my boiler).

Kris
Saturday 29 July 2006 8.01am
I can confirm that Philip Albanese does a good job. After ages searching for someone and being let down he fitted our new cooker no problem.
Monday 31 July 2006 5.46pm
I used Abacus Gas to supply and install a complete combi-boiler central heating system with radiators and take away the old tank system about a year and a half ago.

Eddie was fab - every night I came home and the house was spotless, just new radiators and piping that had appeared to give the game away that he was obviously busy in my absence.

www.abacusgas.com
Tuesday 1 August 2006 12.58pm
I have used Saglio on and off for over ten years(details below).Note you may need a new condensing boiler popular on the continent so this may cost more, you may be lucky and get an exemption to use the old style(these news ones are notorious for breaking down).

Saglio Boiler Services Ltd
193-195 Torridon Road
London

SE6 1RF Phone Number: 020 86973142
Tuesday 1 August 2006 11.33pm
You may be able to get a grant, or money-off discount, contact your local Energy Efficiency Advice Centre, the one for Southwark is based in Lewisham and they offer free, confidential, independent and expert advice on all types of energy efficiency measures, from loft and cavity wall insulation, to renewable technologies, and of course the best info for new boilers. They are part funded by the government through the Energy Saving Trust to help people cut down on carbon emmisions. See www.est.org.uk Their freephone number is 0800 512 012.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: