Five-a-side Football pitches

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 9 February 2005 12.46pm
Does anyone know if the five-a-side football pitches in tabard gardens are available to rent out and who I might have to ask? Or are there any others in the SE1 area?

Thanks
Marcus
Wednesday 9 February 2005 1.23pm
there's a pitch on suffolk street that is in use almost every night. looks like a proper league, mens and womens. maybe something to do with the nearby fire station???
Wednesday 9 February 2005 1.35pm
Yes - that pitch is run by the London Fire Authority and there is a number on a sign on the gate to call to book it.

Does anyone know anything about the history of that site actually as I met someone fairly recently who insists it used to be a community facility for kids to use whenever they wanted and now of course it is padlocked and quite expensive to hire out and used an awful lot by local companies.

There is also a pitch in Archbishop's Park. And you can play indoor football at the Colombo centre (though difficult enough to get a booking) but the Colombo centre should have new outdoor football pitches up and running soon to complement their new basketball / volleyball / netball ones. (I used to play on the old pitch on that site and while it was not exactly perfect it suited fine but I don't know if it is boarded up or possible to play there now.)

There are probably other pitches out there too. 'Fraid I don't know the number for Tabard but is it maybe written on a sign nearby like at the fire brigade pitch on Great Suffolk Street?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: