Waterloo Stn environs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 12 July 2001 11.22am
Sorry, it's not a very exciting question, but I have some conference delegates (students who don' t nec speak English) who will stay in KCL Stamford Street Apartments in Sept. Which is the quickest route for them to take from Waterloo Eurostar Arrivals through the station to Stamford Street? Or more precisely: what is the name of the exit and the road on that side of the station? I have looked everywhere on web for plan of station, in vain, and the London maps are a bit vague around that IMAX roundabout...any help appreciqted.
thank you
Antoinette
ali
Friday 10 August 2001 11.26pm
Hello Antoinette,
The only suggestion I can make is to look for the exit out to Waterloo road, pass the Wellington pub and to carry on up to the Imax and turn right. Any other exit to my knowledge will be too complicated to people who don't speak English, not alone to people who do. Unfortunatly, Waterloo station is still very confusing to local people since they rearranged it. GOOD LUCK
Sui-Te Wu
Saturday 11 August 2001 11.12pm
The route leading onto Waterloo Road from EuroStar Ticket Hall is to follow sign to Railtrack Concourse. At one end of the Concourse, escalators lead down to Waterloo Road exit.

From Waterloo Road exit, one should aim towards the IMAX roundabout, and from there to Stamford Street.
desser
Thursday 16 August 2001 2.53pm
But that would be sending them the wrong direction only to double back.
There are lots of signs so:

What they need to do is follow signs to IMAX (main exit from Eurostar) then as they enter the IMAX roundabout follow the sign to stamford street, couldn't be much easier really.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: