Audition Space in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 12 February 2005 1.42pm
I wonder if anyone can help. I am making a very low budget film in SE1 over the next month or so and need to audition some actors. Does anyone know of any free or reasonably priced studio/audition space where I could hold auditions for a few hours? It could be proper audition space or just a suitable room somewhere. Thanks.
Monday 14 February 2005 8.54am
Have you tried the Jerwood Space on Union Street, fully spec'd studio and rehearsal spaces - know nothing about whether it's within your budget but they have costs on their website. I hear it's v.nice.
Monday 14 February 2005 10.37am
The Round House in Great Dover Street, a small hall run by Leathermarket J.M. B...has a small kitchen also for teas and coffees, if it's really low budget!

0207 525 1600
Tuesday 15 February 2005 9.46am
Have you tried the Welsh chapel on Southwark Bridge Road (near Southwark Playhouse). There is rehearsal space and a stage below and I don't think they charge much at all. I'm sorry I don't have any contact details but the person who runs it lives next door so if you go along and ask inside or next door you can make enquiries.
Wednesday 16 February 2005 5.00pm
Jerwood Space isn't cheap and probably wouldn't be able to fit you in on such short notice -- but they are very nice rehearsal rooms.
Wednesday 16 February 2005 5.59pm
Thanks for all the responses. We've managed to get a room at Jerwood Space who have given us a big discount since we are a no budget, just starting production which is very good of them. The space is lovely and will hopefully give a positive image which will help us get some really good actors on board.

Declaration of interest - none except that they have been very helpful and saved me money!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: