Cookery Courses SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 9 August 2002 1.37pm
Its my partners birthday soon and as he is a rather keen amateur cook, I would like to offer him some sort of day/eve cookery course/experience in a real restaurant. Something along the lines of helping to prepare and cook the food, learn some tips/tricks etc. Does anyone know of such a place in SE1? Thks.
Tuesday 13 August 2002 1.28pm
There will be the perfect place in November - I'm opening a restaurant/bar in Bermondsey Street - but you'll have to wait until then.

Tuesday 13 August 2002 1.33pm
Oooh Dela tell me more. just what we need another place to eat/chill/chat etc. Can I ask what theme (if any) food wise and whereabouts on the St?
Tuesday 13 August 2002 1.46pm
Its opposite St Mary Magdalen church near Bermondsey Square. It will serve Mediterranean food cooked mostly on charcoal and will be totally delicious because I have a really fantastic chef - she's from the Eagle in Farringdon, which was the first gastropub in London (set up about 10 years ago). It will be a pretty laid back place for local residents and people who work round there. There will be a bar as well as a restaurant, because I think there aren't enough nice places to drink in Bermondsey Street.

Its actually quite appropriate to your question about cookery classes because the kitchen is very open, so you will really be able to watch what's going on. Maybe a present for next year's birthday. I'll keep you posted about the launch party..

Tuesday 13 August 2002 8.37pm
Sounds great Dela, is it in that building that they were trying to rent as office space? if so did you get the ground floor and basement? godd on you anyway

my company is working on a few ideas to link up businesses and locals in the area if you would like to have a chat email me at the address above
Friday 29 November 2002 3.38pm
Any updates Dela?
Friday 29 November 2002 5.14pm
It's the Bermondsey Kitchen - see other thread.
Friday 29 November 2002 5.23pm
my house

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: