The Marigold, Bermondsey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 18 February 2005 12.29am
Just want to let people know to steer clear of this pub. I went in there this evening and the service was appauling. Had one beer and at half 10 (on a Thursday!!), the landlady announced she was closing early. Asked for an explanation and was told she was the boss and we were to leave immediately. No reason, were not misbehaving in any way, just enjoying a quiet beer. Don't go in here, take your custom to somewhere that appreciates their customers.
Friday 18 February 2005 8.54am
we went in there on saturday night for a drink and it was very nice no problem with the service and the landlady was quite cheerful and we had good evening

perhaps you just caught her on a bad day?
Friday 18 February 2005 9.33am
Awful pub. Nearly as bad as that other one we always talk about.

...if you press it, they will come.
Saturday 19 February 2005 10.25am
Marigold's a great pub, a bit locals-ish, but hey, they were there before most of us on this site (I've been in Borough three and a half years).

As for the dear old George, I was shocked to see that some of the regulars play CHESS.

Don't judge books by covers and all that......
Saturday 19 February 2005 11.57am
The Marigold is dreadful, there's no Capaccio of Tuna flavoured crisps, there's nowhere to park your ipod, there are no creche facilities, there's not enough Man Utd soccer games on the tv, thewine list is very poor, the barmaid sounds common, It never features in the Sunday supplements, the decor is hideous, and I saw some scary looking urchins outside once.
Saturday 19 February 2005 12.35pm
First (& only) time I went in there I felt a bit uncomfortable. Can't really put my finger on it. I prefer the George as a locals pub. Not seen any chess there yet though!
Saturday 19 February 2005 1.13pm
The last time I went to the Marigold was when they had karaoke aa few years back, the staff seemed nice and pleasant.....perhaps you try a karaoke night?
Tuesday 22 February 2005 10.11am
isn't the Marrigold where we all went after the cider weekend?
I thougth it was quite nice.
Tuesday 22 February 2005 11.24am
A good pint of guinness can be had in the Marigold - I can think of nothing else to recommend the place unless you like secondary smoking & pissed up posties

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 22 February 2005 11.26am by bmovie.
Tuesday 22 February 2005 1.23pm
If only they'd make it into a gastropub. It's much closer to Bermondsey St than The Hartley.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: