Pool of London Lighting

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 19 February 2005 10.04pm
Following on from the thread regarding riverside lighting.
I am attending a lighting seminar hosted by the Pool of London in March and it would be interesting to know which are your favourite lighting projects in the area, however small or large.
Monday 21 February 2005 10.55am
Well, I always like it when the NT has projections on it. The current purple is good but I do like the images that go up sometimes. Oh, and I like the new pink London Bridge.
Monday 21 February 2005 12.21pm
I love the lightbox 'tree' - set amid real trees, it's just good fun
Monday 21 February 2005 2.39pm
Julie Wrote:
> I love the lightbox 'tree' - set amid real trees,
> it's just good fun
I take it you mean the electric cider tree (in the More Cider London dev't)?

It's one of my favourites as well, Julie. I emailed the creator a couple of months ago but had no reply (which doesn't make me like it any the less).

Big Ben looked great the other day, with an Olympic medal round it's "chest". I'd like to see more of that sort of thing (making familiar things look different).

What I'd really like to see is strings of trainling lights hanging from the Millenium Bridge, creating a waterfall effect (and spotlighting anyone selfish enough to be cycling on the pedestrian walkway).

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 22 February 2005 3.37pm
Ivanhoe, i've told you before, the creator/artist of the electric tree thought that you were taking the p**s because you told him that you were going to Wassail it with Cider! We thought it was a cool idea, he just thought you were barking!
Wednesday 23 February 2005 3.39pm
Not sure if they can give you any info but the lighting on the south side of Tower Bridge has been inoperative for more than half a year. I would like to see that remedied as I think the bidge when fully lit at night is spectacular.
Monday 28 February 2005 5.08pm
I love the giant projections too, they work really well on the modern chunky buildings. It would be great if street lighting was more imaginative as well....

Small point to Ivanhoe - why don't you like the cyclists? I walk to work over the wobbly bridge every morning during rush hour and there is always space for walkers and cyclists - I'm just so glad that people are taking exercise!
Monday 28 February 2005 8.51pm
perleeeeease, don't divert this thread towards cyclists v pedestrains [though I must also admit to a dislike of them on the ''wobbly' bridge - where there are notices specifically barring them]. My nomination for lighting must include the blue trees leading to the London Eye, simple, delicate, very pretty, but effective - does this qualify?
Monday 28 February 2005 9.01pm
Hopefully the Millennium Bridge will regain its full 'blade of light' effect when the lights are repaired during the maintenance closure in the middle of March.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 28 February 2005 9.22pm
The blue trees are very nice. There's also some beautiful blue light coming out of the railway arches on Druid Street near to the Tower Bridge Road junction. It totally transforms otherwise non-descript Jubilee line ventilation plant.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: