Stolen Allegro :-(

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 20 February 2005 10.46am
Sorry to clog up the forum, but my car was stolen from Bermondsey Square on Friday night. It was (a) my pride and joy (seriously!) and (b) my necessary work transport.

So if anyone spots a Mustard Austin Allegro estate abandonned in the borough, *please* let me know.

Plus, if anyone can provide any insight into what would ever posess anyone to steal possibly the worst car ever made, it would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Vince
vince@thevelours.com
Sunday 20 February 2005 11.02am
Probably someone coming out of a club in the early hours and not being able to get a cab
because too drunk or not enough money, decided to nick your car to get home.
A few years ago my Hillman Minx was nicked and found abandoned in north london the next day
completely undamaged. The police who found it said this is a common method clubbers use to
get home. It all depends where they park it as to when, or if, it's found by the police or reported
as abandoned by someone. Matter of luck.
Sunday 20 February 2005 10.29pm
A Mustard Austin Allegro estate!!!! They must have been desperate!!!!!
Monday 21 February 2005 7.39am
Vince it'll probably end up either on Aylesbury Estate or downtown, I hope you get it back and hopefully if you do invest in a large circular steering lock ( the type that covers the whole wheel) A.A. man told my daughter to get one after her car was stolen. It's a bright yellow thing and the thieves may well be deterred by the thought of getting it off.....wiv luck.....:-(

you could phone a few mini -cab companies and ask them if they did not mind asking their drivers to keep an eye out for it?

Tuesday 22 February 2005 12.53pm
Nooo! I'd admired your Allegro only last week. You must have looked after it very carefully to keep the rust bugs away.
Wednesday 23 February 2005 1.32pm
Still haven't heard anything from the police :-(

I've had four of them but that was the best by far, probably one of the only ones in that condition left. I'm so gutted!
Plus I'd just spent a day fitting Dixie air horns.

The Mapmaker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nooo! I'd admired your Allegro only last week.
> You must have looked after it very carefully to
> keep the rust bugs away.

Wednesday 23 February 2005 2.56pm
Dixie air horns !!!!!!!!
I imagine your neighbours formed a vigilante posse to take it to the crushers.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: