Fun Day Trip

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 17 July 2001 4.08pm

Had a friend down for the weekend and had a smashing day trip all along our wonderful river thames.

First stop off at the Globe (where we had packed lunch with the gulls and school children) sitting on the riverside..
= free

Followed by a wander up the riverside 100 meters to the Tate Modern (strange, interesting, fantastic views of St Pauls, trendy, vogue, fabulous).
= free

Then pop along to one of the piers (Embankment or Tower) and go on a smashing river trip up to Greenwich.
FAB trip (only cost 10 ) and you get to see London from a whole watery new perspective.

Wander around Greenwich, end the day with dinner in Cafe Rouge...and a trip to the movies..
=not free but you can't have things all ways...

GOD I lOVE this town...

Just thought I would post this up as sometimes London is so HUGE one never knows where to take friends when they visit!

Happy London existing to all...
Wednesday 25 July 2001 3.26pm
I concur,

That patch of the river is one of my favourite London spots.
Next time, turn right from the Globe and head towards Tower Bridge.

Along the way you will come across a number of characterful river pubs.. restaurants.. renovated warehouses still smelling of old spices , The Clink museum.. famous fruit and veg market, Southwark Cathedral.. beautiful statue of Minerva, goddess of war and much besides.

And if you continue beyond London Bridge.. futuristic drinking dens.. shopping malls, The Belfast and of course Tower Bridge itself. Trendy restaurants and the Design Museum. Cross over for St Katherines dock and smell the salt off some the old rusting boats and admire the sleek yachts.. finish off with a drink at the Dicken's Inn.

He he. Sounds like some brochure.. but its fun on a summers evening with good company of course.
Friday 31 August 2001 2.19pm

Quite so Gerry,

Thanks for all those additional pointers...now I shall make use of even more little nooks and crannies around and about that area...

How nice to feel as though someone shares my view.

Regards
N tons of gorgeous Thames geography

Rosie

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: