Lunch time grub

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 23 February 2005 1.05pm
I never knew quite how boring it could be working from home...Can anyone recommended sandwich shops in the area for my lunch?
Wednesday 23 February 2005 1.46pm
I guess it's difficult to make sensible suggestions without knowing roughly whereabouts in the SE1 area you are. Albert Embankment is a long way from Shad Thames!

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 23 February 2005 1.50pm
Bermondsey Street (closer to Tooley Street end). M&S food although nice is getting too frequent. Just wondered if there were any little cheap & tasty food shops to discover?
Wednesday 23 February 2005 2.09pm
SoBo on Tower Bridge Road is nice and they have nice sandwiches. Great coffee too!
Wednesday 23 February 2005 2.52pm
There seems to be a few of us at home in SE1 during the day. Maybe we should have a lunch club once a week and try out different deli's etc & have a gossip. Anyone interested?

Edited to add
SoBo is very good - like their Panini (Panino) and The Hartley does good lunchtime offers sometimes too. (lunch for 5) both on Tower Bridge Rd.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 23 February 2005 2.54pm by Plum.
Wednesday 23 February 2005 2.53pm
Good idea Plum. That sounds great - I've only been working from home for a short time and am going a little crazy! Count me in...
Wednesday 23 February 2005 2.56pm
OK, I'll put a new thread in "Socials" & we can set something up before you start climbing the walls! ;-)

Edited to add
OK, I've set up the thread and sent you a private message.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 23 February 2005 3.03pm by Plum.
Wednesday 23 February 2005 4.02pm
The Bermondsey on Bermondsey Street.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: