Looking for a Pub Quiz

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 28 February 2005 4.45pm
Does anyone know of a good pub quiz night in the area?
Last one I went to (some time ago) was in The Ship on Borough Hi St
I live in Union St so any in that area would be great
Monday 28 February 2005 4.52pm
There's one in the Roebuck on Gt Dover St on Monday evenings, I went to it once.... it's ok, except a friend of mine has now boycotted it on the grounds of blatant cheating... had a good round when I went of movie quotes, where you had to name the movie (the quiz guy did a mean yoda impression too!)
Tuesday 1 March 2005 2.10pm
I believe the Southwark Tavern does a quiz on a Tuesday, but haven't been so can't elaborate

the 123quiz database claims the Charles Dickens does one on Wednesdays

Tuesday 1 March 2005 8.19pm
Thanks very much...
one question and I get everything I could wish for,
I shall let you know how I get on with the quiz once I've been.
I must say, I think cheating just adds to the fun!!!! Ooops, you will get a bad impression of me now.
Monday 21 March 2005 9.22am
Travelling up Blackfriars Road on a bus this morning I saw a sign on the door of the Paper Moon saying they had a pub quiz every Tuesday night.
Monday 25 April 2005 1.51pm
Has anyone been to any of the quizes mentioned recently? Any feedback?
Tuesday 26 April 2005 5.14pm
There is a brilliant pub quiz in the Southwark Tavern on Tuesday nights. It's only 2 to enter, but there's always a good amount to win at the end of the night. Would definitely recommend it. The pub is a cool place too with nice food.
Tuesday 26 April 2005 6.34pm
and eclectic but cool music from a dj on Sunday afternoons......
Tuesday 26 April 2005 7.33pm
janefs Wrote:
> and eclectic but cool music from a dj on Sunday
> afternoons......

that sounds good jane. went in there for a quick one recently (first time in ages), and thought (apart from execrable cider) it looked decent.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 26 April 2005 7.52pm
Haven't tried the cider [I'm not a cider drinker, but don't tell anyone else on the forum] - but they have draft beers that are v.g.

Was in there a couple of Sundays ago for a birthday do and will check up with thosewhoknowmoreaboutthesethingsthanme what they would call the music mix and report back.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: