Bar location for a short film?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 28 February 2005 10.35pm
Hi everybody! Thanks for your help in finding audition space for our short film shot in SE1 (we used Jerwood Space -
highly recommended!)

We're now looking for a bar/pub location to use for a short shoot (approx 1 hour) around noon on Saturday 12th March
(though we can be flexible on the time of day). Wondering if anyone out there works at a bar or knows the landlord at
a bar in SE1 that might be amenable to us taking over a corner to shoot the film? We have virtually no budget but will
require drinks for props which we'll obviously pay for and could offer a 'cameo' appearance in the film which will be
shown at the Cannes film festival in May if successful!
Tuesday 1 March 2005 9.24am
I would imagine the guys at the Lazy Bar on the corner of Jamacia Road and Tanner Street would be pretty amenable ( Jim 020 7394 8001) - I have no connection etc etc
Tuesday 1 March 2005 10.06am
Perhaps Simon the Tanner on Long Lane? They're closed on Saturdays, but available for private bookings, etc. so might be able to accomodate you.
Thursday 3 March 2005 1.19am
Ditto the Leather Exchange on Leathermarket St. They're usually closed at weekends but will open for private bookings.
Thursday 3 March 2005 8.30am
Or the Rose and Crown in Colombo St, just off Blackfriars Rd. Small, friendly, quiet location. Good beer as well.
Friday 4 March 2005 9.23am
Thank you so much for all your helpful replies. All the places suggested sound great but the Stamford Arms on Stamford Street have very kindly offered to let us use their upsatirs bar. So thank you very much to them too - it never ceases to amaze me how kind and helpful people can be, especially in SE1!
Wednesday 14 February 2007 7.04pm
Hi Plum, we are now open at the weekends. Hope to see you here soon.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: