Power Cut

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 8 March 2005 3.54pm
Our electricity went off at 4am and just came back up (3.40pm) as well as serious forum withdrawl symptoms because the computer was down I also spent the morning boiling pans of water so that I could wash my hair!
Just wondered how widespread the problem was and if anyone knew why it had taken so long to fix it.
Tuesday 8 March 2005 4.08pm
Just go for a walk round the block and listen out for burglar alarms. If we have a cut, then all the alarms in our block go on as soon as the juice returns.

It's very soothing. Not.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 8 March 2005 9.55pm
Don't London Energy have some sort of scheme where they compensate you if your supply is
cut off for a few hours? Or is that British Gas.
You could put in a claim for a blue rinse.
Tuesday 8 March 2005 11.49pm
Whats the betting that the compensation kicks in at 12 hours, just 20 minutes longer than you were powerless?
Wednesday 9 March 2005 8.36am
I must say I was totally panicked when there was no Forum..."this page is unavailable"....
Wednesday 9 March 2005 2.49pm
Certainly no mention of compensation, more a "Don't whinge that your power was off, just be glad you've got it back" attitude.
Tuesday 15 March 2005 9.17am
Power went off because of some failure of the cables in Leroy Street - it seemed to affect a strange selection of flats and houses though. Initially they couldn't find the source of the problem and thought they were going to have to dig up the whole street. Looks like they found the break though and, after nearly a week now, have just about filled in the hole they dug....
Sal
Tuesday 15 March 2005 10.42am
They left the hole open for two day's the barriers where in the hole and I had to help a poor old lady get her trolley out of the hole were she could not get out of the entrance to Guinness Square. We didn't seem to be affected by the power cut though.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: