Moving to Cornwall Road... help

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
sean brown
Sunday 18 August 2002 11.21pm

im moving to cornwall road soon into a house near the cake shop.

please tell me what the road is like etc... also whats the nearest supermarket... looking forward to it.
Friday 23 August 2002 2.08am
hi new neighbour, enjoy!
I think it's a great part of London to live in since I moved in (about 5 years ago) after I got sick of commuting (actually about the first day I tried it - but it took a long time to do anything about that). Nice people. I've lived in loads of other bits of London but have had far more conversations with neighbours here than anywhere else (even if it's just being chatted up by the local homeless population - which sounds like a bit of a contradiction).

Loads of stuff on The Cut, which is a very short walk - including a couple of shops which genuinely NEVER close (I went past at 4am on Boxing day and was almost tempted to go in and buy some mince or something equally bizzare). There are plenty of restaurants down there - haven't had a duff meal yet. Does anyone out there know what happened to the Honest Goose? I used to really like it but it died (the Italian place that is there now is nice too 'though) - I imagine it was some sort of relative to the Honest Cabbage?

Lower Marsh is good too - a few market stalls, if you like that sort of thing, a lovely shop which sells lots of pvc things, a second hand book shop, a shop full of beardy men like a channel 4 late night comedy which sells old records and cds (brilliant), interesting old clothes shop(s) and lots of other stuff worth a visit-ette. My singing teacher told me that the Italian restaurant was really quite cheap (I think he must earn more than me - or be less greedy) on the other hand it's very good, and the celebrity photographs always make me giggle.

Supermarkets, forget it (unless someone knows different) - I believe Sainsbury are going to build a small one at their (former?) HQ building on Stamford Street which is just round the corner but it just looks like scaffolding at the moment. Use little shops or you could order stuff off the web - I've used Sainsburys, Tesco and Asda round here - ok it costs a fiver and sometimes they don't have everything but it's pretty serene not to go out to shop. Borough market is great if you're a food freak - Fri/Sat daytimes.

Oh, and the cake shop is idyllic on a Saturday morning - hurl random selection of clothes off floor onto body - buy pastry products - go home and consume while reading book/listening to radio/watching telly. Hmm... can tell, no kids in this household.
Saturday 24 August 2002 11.33am
Hi Sue

Thanks for the message. Please email me when u get a chance. my email :
i will be starting work for a Bank...
email soon.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: