Bed Frames

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 17 March 2005 2.49pm
As my ever reliable knowledge base. I need to have a bed frame made - Nothing special mind you but I have exhausted the IKEA, dreams etc of this world. Does anyone know of a good local person who had a woodshop that anyone could recommend?
Thursday 17 March 2005 3.54pm
I don't know about local, but two excellent places for getting wooden beds are Alphabeds on tottenham court rd, or Warren Evans in Camden town. Have tested both beds (used to have an alpha, now a warren evens) and the frames are very good quality, in lots of finishes and if you get a mattress too, they are very (dangerously) comfortable...
Hope that helps,

Hat
Thursday 17 March 2005 4.00pm
I use and endorse Warren Evans.
Edited to add: http://www.warrenevans.com/

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 17 March 2005 4.01pm by a man called Tharg.
Anonymous User
Thursday 17 March 2005 4.26pm
Somewhere in this forum I'm sure there is a post from someone in the Alaska building who manufactures beds.

I could be wrong - I don't have time to search for it!
Friday 18 March 2005 1.22pm
Another recommendation for Warren Evans from me. I've been really happy with my purchases from there and they also do a great range of matching bedroom furniture in a range of finishes too. My bedroom is actually a mini Warren Evans showroom! ;-)
Wednesday 23 March 2005 3.42pm
Warren Evans make brilliant stuff.....though when I had a bed delivered for my daughter and they actually assembled it, the headboard split twice and I was told thats the nature of the wood!
but after they called and replaced it ( 2 ) it's been fine these past eight years despite being dismatled by me and moved to Derby, and re-assembled with the help of a rubber mallet and old screwdriver! also had a bedside cabinet no problem.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network