Westmister Bridge Road Office Eyesore

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 25 March 2005 11.25am
How much longer do we have to put up with that crumbling eyesore of an office block on the roundabout of Westminster Bridge Road? I seem to remember some story about the mayor refusing planning permission for an office block but have no ideas what is happening to it now. Even if they can't decide what to do with it, at least clearing the site would be preferable to the current situation. hAnyone know what's happening?

PS My suggestion would be (unfortunately unrealistic) for a large fountain and landscaping the amazing vista to the Thames
Friday 25 March 2005 11.38am
see page 45 of this weeks standard property section for a picture of what Galliard Homes are going to replace it with - perhaps someone knows when work will start?

If I were a developer, I would not demolish an eyesore until I had got planning permission for my new steel and glass office building, just to make sure the planners were encouraged for the sake of getting rid of something ugly
Saturday 26 March 2005 9.16am
I did not see the piece, but heard it was going to be a hotel?
Saturday 26 March 2005 10.56am
It's an "Apart Hotel", or serviced apartments. Galliard say it's a great investment opportunity - I keep getting loads of bumf in the post from them about it.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: