Local Photos

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 26 March 2005 10.58pm
I've just treated myself to a fancy digital camera, and have been wandering around yesterday and today seeing what I could manage. So here it is... I think I shot about 300 photos, but you'll be glad to know these are very much distilled down to the acceptable ones.

You should find the subject matter reassuringly familiar :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulholmes/
Saturday 26 March 2005 11.09pm
As I only get to visit London once a year, I particularly appreciate viewing those - I will have some interesting background pictures on this p.c. Lovely work, Paul!
Sunday 27 March 2005 10.40am
Paulo, thanks for sharing the pics, they are a treat and they remind me that it's high time I got a digital camera.
Sunday 27 March 2005 12.36pm
Stunning pictures - what model camera?
Sunday 27 March 2005 1.25pm
Excellent set of photos. Must be at least a 4Mp camera. Mine is an old 2Mp, must update soon..
The whole set reminds me of Edward Hopper's style ( my fav artist )
'Nighthawks on Bermondsey Street.'
Sunday 27 March 2005 2.11pm
The camera is a Nikon Coolpix 8800 - it's an 8 megapixel 'SLR Like' digital - i.e. you can adjust the usual things, but cannot change lenses. That said the lens goes from slightly wide to ten times zoom, so barring proper wide angle it does everything I'll want.

I shot most of them on manual, with a few different exposure settings for each, then cleaned up the good ones in Picasa (the free picture thing from Google, which is brilliant).

> 'Nighthawks on Bermondsey Street.'

:-)

Glad you've enjoyed them so far - I'll do some more soon.
Tuesday 29 March 2005 7.42am
Excellent photo's. I bet you're pleased with the camera. Where are all the people; I thought we had succeeded in repopulating weekend south bank?
Tuesday 29 March 2005 12.29pm
Great photos. You've made the Horniman look like a really nice pub!

Thanks for sharing them

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 29 March 2005 2.01pm
Lovely pictures paulh, thank you. Will look forward to your future artistic offerings.
Tuesday 29 March 2005 3.41pm
Alex is right "I thought we had succeeded in repopulating weekend south bank?" What about doing a series of SE1 locals at the weekend? If its a sunny sunday you might even catch me washing my car!

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: