Globe Theatre

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 29 August 2002 6.37pm
I wanted to encourage anyone who enjoys theatre to catch Twelfth Night at the Globe before it's too late (last night is 28 Sept).

I have seen many productions of Twelfth Night, and this is by far the best of them. And what a great place to see it!

I took two friends to see the show who were not terribly familiar with Shakespeare (and one who suffered through the RSC's hideous stab at TN last year) and they both LOVED it. Really, really loved it. Very funny, brilliantly played and just a delight. OK, I'm gushing, but this is a great show and you can go for just 5! You wont even notice you're standing after the show starts.

The Golden Ass, also on at the Globe right now, is not for the faint of heart: there's strong language, cock jokes (can I say cock here?) and the biggest cast ever to play the Globe, but it is a big fat evening that will unscrew your head, complete with dancing, scooters, visits from the gods, and a brilliant performance by Mark Rylance as the amazing donkey man. MOre in depth commentary if anyone cares, but my last attempt to talk Globe didn't quite catch fire as I had hoped, so I will leave it at this.

Friday 30 August 2002 10.05am
Saw Midsummer Night's Dream at the Globe last Friday and couldn't commend it enough. Took 12 folk and we were rapt for three hours (and nope, standing wasn't an issue). I don't think I have laughed so much in the theatre let alone at a Shakespeare play e-v-e-r!

Will definitely go for Twelfth Night!
Friday 30 August 2002 11.18am
Cool, how much are tickets that include a seat ?
Monday 2 September 2002 6.13pm
I've never sat at the Globe, but you'll find their web site here:

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: