Broken digital camera needs fixing

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 31 March 2005 10.18am
Can anyone recommend a good camera repair shop (or do I go somewhere like Jessops?) - it's a good camera though out of warranty, and I don't want to replace it just yet!
Thanks ...
Thursday 31 March 2005 10.30am
Jessops will charge you an arm and a leg, and take many many weeks to fix it. Virtually opposite Jessops' main shop on New Oxford Street is a Chinese camera and computer repair shop (named ZDNet or something like that - down a little alleyway). I had the ultrasonic motor on a 500 Canon lens repaired there. Jessops had originally quoted me around 200 to fix this and a 4 week wait, whereas the aforementioned shop repaired it in under a week for 80.
Thursday 31 March 2005 11.03am
Thanks Martin - I'll head there!
Thursday 31 March 2005 11.24am
While you're there, you might want to check out the other shop opposite Jessops - Morgan. It won't repair cameras, but it has loads of cheap electrical goodies (many of which are returns/refurbs and are IMHO v good value). Dare you to go in and not come out with something.

(No connection, other than being a satisfied customer)

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 1 April 2005 11.56am
No connection?

That's why the electrical goodies are cheap ...
Thursday 28 July 2005 3.39pm
Yes I know I posted this way back in March ... but I have finally made it to the West End with broken camera ... and I have looked down every alleyway I can find around Jessops but cannot find a shop named ZDNet or similar (kindly recommended by Martin).

And I did go into Morgans (and came out empty handed) ...

Any more recommendations for a good fixer of digital cameras would be gratefully received!

( I did wander up and down Tott Ct Rd and looked in many of those electrical places but without any recommendation I'd be nervous about leaving my camera ...)
Thursday 28 July 2005 3.48pm
A1 Cameras are now called something else but still live in 9-12 St Annes Court, London W1F 0BB

Tel: 02077340895 in Soho, they repair digital cameras, and carried out some repairs for me a few years ago.
Thursday 28 July 2005 4.42pm
Bless your cottons, young Tharg - a bunch of forsythia heading your way!
Thursday 28 July 2005 4.48pm
Yum!
Thursday 28 July 2005 8.14pm
Julie

A1 merged with Sendean who have been repairing cameras for as long as I can remember. www.sendeancameras.co.uk for the full story. Recommended.

Niall
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: