Gay pub in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 1 April 2005 12.36pm
Does anyone know of any decent gay pubs in SE1? New to the area and looking for some normal fellows (who just happen to like other fellows!!) to hang out with.
Friday 1 April 2005 2.42pm
There are lots of normal fellows who like fellows (and normal fellowesses who like fellowesses) at the Gladstone Arms on Lant Street. It's a friendly little gay pub. Very smokey, though.
Friday 1 April 2005 2.51pm
Welcome to SE1.

Some of us non-fellow-feelers also go to pubs where (unless I'm missing something) sexuality isn't an issue. There's a great range of places to go in SE1, and IMHO it might be a shame to restrict yourself to gay pubs. [But it's none of my business really, is it.]

Hope you find somewhere that suits.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 1 April 2005 4.19pm
Oh come on Ivanhoe, you're slipping - no mention of "The Fort"? lol.

Seriously though, most of the people/pubs/wine bars in SE1 are very Metrosexual, so unless you're looking for somewhere specifically to meet potential dates, most of the places around here are pretty good fun. Just read the earlier threads about good pubs/restaurants in SE1. (& don't forget to tell the patron where you read about them).

NB I absolutely have a connection with the SE1 forum & love it!
Friday 1 April 2005 4.37pm
i was waiting to see who would be the first one to mention the Fort!

wasn't there a thread on this a little while ago-gay friendly pubs in SE1 not the Fort!
Friday 1 April 2005 5.53pm
Thanks, Samuel. Will give it a try.
Friday 1 April 2005 6.06pm
You see. Gay people only talk to each other.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 1 April 2005 6.29pm
Naw...just saying thanks where thanks is due.
Saturday 2 April 2005 1.08pm
Maybe I'm not gay, Ivanhoe. See you at the Gladdy for cocktails and Kylie soon!
Saturday 2 April 2005 1.43pm
the Gladstone is definitely the best option in SE1 - gay but not at all cruisey.

Other places not too far outside SE1 that may be worth a look - the Joiners Arms on Hackney Road and South Central on Kennington Road or the Vauxhall Tavern in Vauxhall (I'm told Duckie on Saturdays at the VT is still an absolute riot - although I haven't been for a couple of years).
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: