Ideas wanted: bizarre / funky / interesting venues for hire

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 2 September 2002 4.01pm
hello all

i am trying to think of an interesting party venue for my birthday party - i've got a couple of ideas, but am keen to get more input - anywhere in South Central / ShoHo / out east along the commercial road would be nice.

Ideally somewhere which doesn't charge a lot to hire, you can have
exclusive use of on a Saturday night, all night, and a late (2am or better preferably) license. If they let you bring in your own decor / DJs etc that would be cool too. Food does not play a factor in the selection. Capacity 80-100 would be fine.

I know that seems like a fair bit to ask, but I have faith in you lot.
Ian
Monday 2 September 2002 9.03pm
what on earth is 'South Central' and 'ShoHo'? Are you an Estate Agent?
Tuesday 3 September 2002 8.53am
The top floor of guys hospital is available for hire with bar and open until 2 I think. It was Time Outs' venue of the year last year. I went to a fantastic party there. Everyone spends hours looking across london. Its floor to ceiling glass on 3 sides...amazing and very cheap.
Tuesday 3 September 2002 10.58am
J R Hartley.

Did you find your venue?

Want an any live music?

M
Tuesday 3 September 2002 7.11pm
South Central = Southwark / Bermondsey
ShoHo = Shoreditch and Hoxton

Sorry - I thought that these were generally accepted terms. They are regularly used in the Evening Standard and Time Out, so I didn't expect it would cause confusion.

Apologies.
Tuesday 3 September 2002 7.12pm
Thanks - I had provisionally booked this, but wanted to check i wasn't missing anything else. I think I'll run with this - I don't think I can stretch to Simon Drake's 5500 magic show in a secret place in SE1 for my small collection of friends...
Tuesday 3 September 2002 7.14pm
Per earlier reply - yes - have booked a venue, waiting to see if anyone beats Guys as an idea. Re: music - had been planning on just using my decks and hiring a sound system and some lights - but nothing is set in stone yet... what type of music?
Wednesday 4 September 2002 10.28am
Not sure if it's your thing - all girl classical group. Sounds like you're going for something a bit more upbeat! I guess we could compete with the sound system on looks only!
Hope it goes well.
M

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: