odd request

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
R
Tuesday 3 September 2002 1.04pm
Odd request I know... but I have just moved into the area and was wondering if anyone knew anything to do, socially, which would help me settle down and make new friends... (I'm not as sad as this sounds - just looking for inspiration!)
Wednesday 4 September 2002 11.37pm
you could go to The Leather Exchange on leather market street or go to top notch gym just of bermondsey st.
se1 hair on bermondsey street . girotonics bermondsey street ?
what are u into
Jai
Thursday 5 September 2002 4.33pm
what's in The Leather Exchange ?

Varkenslachter
Thursday 5 September 2002 8.21pm
look out for some of the excellent squat parties that go on in SE1!
Friday 6 September 2002 2.56pm
A few people are meeting to talk about starting a club round this area, come along to that. As far as I know no-one actually knows each other. Should be interesting. We're meeting at the George on Sunday eve at 7 (thats a pub nearly opposite Borough Market. There's some correspondence going on about it on the discussion forum.
Friday 6 September 2002 5.28pm
these squat parties - what's the best forum for finding out when they are on?

Jai - The Leather Exchange is quite a nice Fuller's pub - near to the old.... Leather Exchange (odd that) just off Bermondsey Street. It does pretty decent food, the downside is that its closed on weekends (it was open for Sunday lunch until recently, but that seems to have stopped??? - or maybe they were just on holiday). Anyway, its one of the better pubs in the area.
Saturday 7 September 2002 6.16pm
Not so odd. I didn't know anyone when I first moved here with my then boyfriend, but for me two kids and going to lots of play groups did it.

Do try Morley College. It is one of the great assets of the area and runs brilliant courses on interesting and arty subjects.

I did suggest that the owner Champor Champor hold an SE1 night - but that relates to an ancient thread. Remember Natalie.

You could try community politics....... I got invovled in a campaign to protect Se1s biggest park. We stand out from other groups because we are really dominated by mums with young children. (SE1 is suburban - believe me. Coffee mornings and baby-sitting circles!) But are happy to have others. Come along to our open day on 21 Sept in Archbishops and help our on the tombola! The South Bank Forum, on 19 Sept would be one place to start. (Organised by South Bank Employers Group.)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: