Tabard Gardens leaseholder meeting

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 11 April 2005 2.05pm
Just to let those interested know that there will be a Tabard Gardens leaseholder meeting this Thursday, 14 April 2005. Peter Francis, Director of Tabard Gardens TMC will be on hand to answer (or otherwise) what I am sure will be the many questions leaseholders have regards the proposed schedule of major works and their implications.

Perhaps someone else has details of location and time as those elements seem to have eluded me.
Monday 11 April 2005 8.24pm
Hi Ants,

The meeting is at 7pm, at the Tenant Hall, Hankey Place.

Agenda:
1. Changes to service charge invoicing.
2. Major Works 05-06
3. Section 20 consultation process.

As often happens, time for our questions is not on the agenda! However, I think the staff will not be able to escape without answering a few.
Tuesday 12 April 2005 10.17am
Apparently the 'consultation period' ends today or tomorrow before the meeting! Nice one. I would suggest if you have time, getting down to the Tabard TMC offices and having a look at the info on display. I think it's open 'til 7pm either tonight or tomorrow evening.
Friday 15 April 2005 9.08am
Breif summary:

1. Service charge to split so that Southwark Council invoices separately for building insurance premium and ground rent. TMC invoices for rest of service charge. Stops miscommunication between TMC (collectors) and Southwark Council (responsible for insuring). Makes it easier for sellers of property to get proof that they have paid ground rent and building insurance premiums and that building insurance cover exists.

Makes sense.

2. Major works repayment can be made under terms to Southwark Council through:
i. 36 month interest free loan
ii. 25 year loan effectively mortgage at 1.5% above base rate (i.e. currently 6.25%)
iii. Loan against value of property paid back in full on sale of property. Pay back simple interest on loan amount charged at 2% above base rate per anum.

Fair.

3. Section 20 consultation proceedure is a joke. Peter Francis (Director) & Martin Green (Head of Southwark Leasehold Management Unit) agreed and admitted to being at fault in not providing enough information to leaseholders regards major works.

4. No specifics regards costs of major works or estimated commencement dates. One leaseholder calculated 20,000 'per unit' for major works specified so far. Martin Green seemed to think this was in the right ball park.

Not sure how replacement of windows and a communal water tank can incur costs of 20,000 per flat.

In short, another painful two and a half hours with little information that was required or asked for forthcoming. Mr Chan did his best to liven up proceedings as ever.
Friday 15 April 2005 4.21pm
Chan was a 'gem' as always. A diamond - not cubic zirconium (those who were there will know what I mean!)

I think there is some confusion as to the cost per flat because some residents had not realised that the cost of works quoted in the section 20 notices is the total contract cost and may include work to other blocks. One way of getting a rough ide is that the 23,000,000 program till 2010, divided by the number of flats on the estate, approx. 1,500, comes out at just over 15,000 per flat - on average. It was not made clear whether this money is all definitely in the pipeline, or whether or not the 23M includes some work already done eg. phases 1 and 2 of the window program.

All leaseholders present have been promised minutes of the meeting. Maybe other leaseholders will get them too.
Friday 15 April 2005 5.02pm
I must say that you people get way more discussion with the Landlords than us poor leaseholders who are on Southwark Council estates.
Friday 15 April 2005 7.54pm
Only when they want us to agree to some changes!

Last week I resorted to ringing the council's leasehold section for some information, even though it was nothing to do with them, because I had failed to get anything helpful out of the TMC, who should have been able to answer my questions but chose to be obstructive. The leasehold unit, on the other hand, were extremely helpful and more than one staff member went out of their way to be helpful to me even though they have thoertically no responsibility to so, because they have devolved this job to the TMC.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: